IPS Glossy Display like MBP?

catalyst6

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 29, 2004
Messages
70
Hi all,

I have a 2011 Macbook Pro and really love the glossy display. I know most people hate them, but I am attempting to seek out a nice glossy display for my desktop.

I recently ordered a Dell U2412M, and while its a great display, the whites looks sparkly and overall just kind of crappy when placed next to my MBP.

I love IPS for the great quality it produces, but outside of the Apple 27, I don't see many other choices. I would actually get that display except I want to game, and it looks like it has a 12ms response time and the native resolution may be too much for my setup (2x6950) as time goes on.

I've considered dropping down to a TN display to avoid anti glare coatings....sad, I know. If I do so, I was considering the 120hz Asus monitor.

Any thoughts on where to find a nice, non-AG IPS display or something of similar quality? I honestly didn't expect the AG to bother me so much, but when put beside the MBP display it's quite jarring.
 
Hmm...I appreciate that link.

I really wish Apple still manufactured the 24 inch Cinema Display (or a 1920x1200 display). I would have no hesitations with the 27 inch display except for that it may be TOO high res (I never thought that would be a problem).

I just built a nice rig aimed at Skyrim and BF3 at max settings at 1920x1200. Core i7, 2 x 6950 Toxic, 16gb RAM. I'm afraid I'm drifting into dangerous territory considering 2560x1440 and setting myself up for performance disappointment.

Hopefully manufacturers see this demand for a glossy display in the 24 inch range.....or just no AG coating :)
 
Hopefully manufacturers see this demand for a glossy display in the 24 inch range.....or just no AG coating :)[/QUOTE]

The same thoughts here I have a Glossy TN monitor but I want a IPS, I have tried the the Dell U2211 and then the U2711H but the aggressive AG coating really put me off.
I'm taking a gamble and have ordered a ASUS PA246Q 24in P-IPS it is suppose to be similar to the Dell U2410 but with less aggressive coating, heres hoping
 
Back
Top