Ipone 3G crackable?

TechBoy

2[H]4U
I want to get the new Iphone, one because my phone sucks ass, two because its half price, and 3 because It can play music. But I have T-Mobile do you guys think the new Iphone is unlockable?

I don't think anyone will be able to answer this until at least the 12th, sooo... patience, patience. :)

Lol well, I want to know since my birthday is on the 7th and I get a present from my gf I want to know if the iPhone is going to be what I want.

If it's based primarily the first generation hardware, then the possibilities of getting the iPhone 3G working with some other provider is a definite one. But as they - meaning AT&T and Apple - are quite serious about locking these things down to AT&T this time around by not allowing you to buy the phone by itself at any cost, I'd say it could be a while before someone gets it done.

But then again, look how fast the first generation got opened up. Again, all we can do is wait and see at this point.

The problem is, you can't buy an iPhone without a contract, unless you want to pay the unsubsidized price of $599 (or $699 for the 16GB model). If you buy it in the AT&T or Apple store, you're leaving with a contract with AT&T - there's no way around it (yes, I'm aware you can get in a contract and cancel, saving $200, but it's still ungodly expensive).

Then, there's no guarantee that it will be unlockable, and no one will know for sure until it's released. There's a good chance that Apple will be far less welcoming toward the unlock and jailbreak scene, now that the iPhone will available world-wide (more or less), and there is an official SDK.

The other problem is does T-mobile even have 3G yet? I know there were talks of them rolling it out soon, but did that ever happen? You lose that point and the only other thing, so far, the 3G iPhone has over the EDGE phone is the "new" GPS system.

The EDGE phone can be found pretty cheap now and might be a better option, since it will run the 2.0 update and get all the nice new features, just no 3G or aGPS.

I don't think it would be for a while. Apple is probably making it harder to crack in the newer versions, so it will be a while

you always have the option of the Blackberry Bold

The IPhone 3g is crackable. I'll give you a guide on how to crack it.

Step 1: make a fist with right or left hand.
Step 2: Take opposite hand and hold it in the opposite direction of other hand with iphone.
Step 3: Take your fist and punch the iphone 3G.
Step 4: Have fun with your newly cracked Iphone 3G.

But really like what they said above, I wouldn't think its ideal to make a contract, get the IPhone for $200 then break the contract. Then spending the time trying to unlock it for your company. Why not go with an alternative like the EDGE that was mentioned.

I want to get the new Iphone, one because my phone sucks ass, two because its half price, and 3 because It can play music. But I have T-Mobile do you guys think the new Iphone is unlockable?

seriously, just get the regular iphone, the price will drop dramatically, tmobile only has EDGE which thats all youll get if you get the iPhone 3G, the only diff between both phones is one uses edge and the other uses 3g so whats the point in getting a 3g iphone if u can only use edge anyway?

whats the point in getting a 3g iphone if u can only use edge anyway?
Longevity. Even if the price of the old iphone comes back down to earth it's still a significant enough of a financial investment to not want to do it again. You might as well get the option to run features you don't now but may very well in the near future.

LOL, good comments. As of now, Apple will *not* be selling iPhone 3G from anything other than CSPs (cellular providers) and their own retail stores...and they are bricked when you first buy them...until they are activated in-store. No more home activation...and no, shy of stealing one from a store (which I don't think they'll have them on general display anyway), you can't leave with a new iPhone 3G without going through Activation...which requires a 2-year contract including both voice AND data... Current AT&T customers can stick with their existing plan, and if they don't already have a 3G data plan, they'll simply need to add $30 for the data plan, per phone. 1 iPhone 3G per customer waiting in line allowed. Activation can take anywhere from a few minutes up to about 30 minutes...depending on if you are a new customer, or simply upgrading. Everyone that was in the NYC line at the Apple store were driven off by the police last week.. We'll see if we have another crazy day on the 11th.

Actually, home activation has been stated they will allow. Now maybe on the first day they will not allow it, but they have said you can activate at home if you sign an agreement or something. Basically saying you are going to activate it, blah blah blah.

Back