ipod warrenty

xdviper

Gawd
my friend asked me a qustion about ipods the other day.... i said id get back to him

he asked me
if he buys a IPOD MINI 4GB from bestbuy and doesnt buy that bestbuy warrenty that they offer, does he still have the manufactors warrenty?
and i wasnt really sure... so how does this work?

Yes he will still have the standard warranty. By not buying the best buy warranty aka PSP you are not ripping your self off.

what does the bestbuy warrenty do that that regular manufactor warrenty wont do?

There isn't really a good reason to buy from BestBuy unless you get a discount or something over the Apple store, and from the Apple store he could get the AppleCare Protection Plan for like $50 or so, which might be worth it to him.

Deadlierchair said:
There isn't really a good reason to buy from BestBuy unless you get a discount or something over the Apple store, and from the Apple store he could get the AppleCare Protection Plan for like $50 or so, which might be worth it to him.
But the Best Buy warranty is $19 - and they have a tendency to just replace things rather than fix it.

fibroptikl said:
But the Best Buy warranty is $19 - and they have a tendency to just replace things rather than fix it.

Technically the AppleCare Protection Plan isn't a warranty, it's a service plan (there is a difference if anyone cares to know). If you decide you don't like the APP you can sell it back to Apple. Also, APP gives you extended phone support and covers your iPod battery.

I'm really not sure how the Best Buy warranty matches up in features (for all I know it could be better?), but the AppleCare is still worth looking at.

Also, Apple doesn't really 'fix' iPods for people in general. They take the broken iPod and give you a new one in the span of a few minutes. Then, the broken iPod gets shipped off and possibly refurbished or used for parts.

yeah they do have a tendancy to replace things. but the bastards at best buy denied of any 2yr warranty to me and said there was ONLY 4yr warranty, so i said screw u, no warranty at all then.

dayamdave said:
yeah they do have a tendancy to replace things. but the bastards at best buy denied of any 2yr warranty to me and said there was ONLY 4yr warranty, so i said screw u, no warranty at all then.

That is another bonus of working with Apple as opposed to Best Buy. We're trained to be honest, we have no obligation to lie to the consumer just to get them to buy AppleCare, and none of us are commissioned. A friend worked at BB for three years and then came over to Apple, you would not believe the stories..

hmm it sounds like a good deal but i don't think there is any apple stores here in brooklyn... i dont' want to go all the way to manhhattan to get a ipod.... but bestbuy plan also replaces the ipod if its broke... do they take accendents also? lets say i drop my ipod, will they replace or will they say say, its dropedd ur fault,, no warrenty?

Recently, my friends ipod mini 4GB batteries crapped, and he took it to apple and they just gave him a brand-spankin new Ipod Mini 6gb of any color he wanted. I'm all for Apple.

xdviper said:
hmm it sounds like a good deal but i don't think there is any apple stores here in brooklyn... i dont' want to go all the way to manhhattan to get a ipod.... but bestbuy plan also replaces the ipod if its broke... do they take accendents also? lets say i drop my ipod, will they replace or will they say say, its dropedd ur fault,, no warrenty?

At Apple anything like that (spilled something on it, dropped it) if there is visible damage you won't get away with it and they will turn you away. However, if it is not noticeable, but doesn't work, Apple will usually replace it. At that point you have to decide how honest you want to be and what choice seems moral to you.

will the bestbuy warrenty also cover the battrery?
it says they will cover from normal useage///

Back