iPod Vending Machine A Hit?

HardOCP News

[H] News
Who would’ve thought that an iPod vending machine could make $55k in a month? I know that’s only like 4 iPods, but still. Makes you wonder how long it will take ATM thieves to target these machines.

A single iPod vending machine sold a thousand dollars worth of iPods in one month. A VP of Business Traveler Services is quoted as saying, "We've done about $55,000 in a month in gross sales just for the one on Concourse A.

Thats crazy. Me being somewhat security minded I wonder how they secure a machine and what doesn't stop someone from just raiding them like people do with snack machines.

darkangel74 said:
Yup when this gets out those machines will be prime targets.
I can't wait to see someone try to steal a vending machine from an airport.

During my travel over xmas, I was @ the Minneapolis Airport and they had a Motorola Vending machine where you could buy, phones, acc. and blue tooth head sets. The were unlocked phones. Beside that was a Neutrogena vending machine as well that was offering 50% when buying 3 or more items.

That's amazing to me that they sell that many. An impulse purchase of $150-$350 item in an airport...There's a lot of money in this world. I should have more of it.

Does anyone know if this vending machine charges Taxes? I'm from AZ and the sales tax in the Phoenix area ranges from 7%-8%. Lets say they dont charge taxes thats like a $24-$28 in savings! I'd definetly buy one from these vending machines for the savings alone :D

Also if you have any issues with the ipod theres always the Apple warranty that comes with it of course. Not a bad deal.

Back