iPod Updating

How do you sync your iPod?

• Total voters

Cowcaster88

[H]ard|Gawd
Getting a new iPod in the next couple of days (Apple has shipped it) and was wondering which way would be the best way to get it updated. I was thinking I might delete some albums from my hard drive when I dump them on the iPod (manually) but I normally put new music (now video) my computer a couple times a week so would automatically be a better choice? Or can I switch it off and on? Let me know what you all do with your iPods.

i do manual cause i only have a 2g nano (all i wanted, i dont need my entire collection with me 24/7)

well If you wanna delete some songs off your computer after adding them to the iPod, manually is the only way to go. because doing it automatically make a mirror of your music library. So if a song is deleted from the computer, next time you connect the iPod, it is deleted off that too.

I have wayyyy too much music on my Ipod to mirror on my laptop. Literally, 27gb. Manual is the ONLY way for me. My ipod is practically a supplimental organ, I carry it with me 24/7.

I do an automatic update the first time (so my entire library gets loaded) and then switch to manual so I can take things on and off

bahula03 said:
I do an automatic update the first time (so my entire library gets loaded) and then switch to manual so I can take things on and off

Aw, so you can switch between Manual and Automatic. I think I want to do it your way, bahula03.

Cowcaster88 said:
Aw, so you can switch between Manual and Automatic. I think I want to do it your way, bahula03.
agreed, should have said that first...automatic just to get the music on there, then switch to manual to allow manual (duh) updates.

i do it auto (30g video)

My libary is ~25g so everything fits still. Pretty soon i will have to switch to manual though :/

Definitely manual. I also have a behemoth library and no iPod available can store it all.

I do automatic, but I make it so it doesn't launch iTunes when plugged in cuz I have the 60 gig video and only about 14 gigs of videos and music. Waiting to get a new iMac to load my entire collection into iTunes.

Honzo said:
I do automatic, but I make it so it doesn't launch iTunes when plugged in cuz I have the 60 gig video and only about 14 gigs of videos and music. Waiting to get a new iMac to load my entire collection into iTunes.

Going to use one of those programs to pull music from the iPod to add into iTunes?

I'm getting the 60gig too but I have about 25gigs of music/music video to add to the iPod when it arrives. My thing was that I only have a 80gig hard drive on my iBook so I was hoping to move some of the music off of it to save some space.

No, what I mean is I have about 1/20th of my cd's on my computer, but I only have like 5 gigs free on my hard drive, so I'm just waititng until I have my 500 gig iMac to complete my iTunes library. Maybe I'll get an Airport Express too :D.

Back