ipod touch release cycle

McG2k1

Limp Gawd
Anyone know when the touch is due for an update? They're getting like the iphone and ipad where there's not much else they can do but add better cameras and better processors. I was going to pick one up for the wife/kids but I thought I'd try and dig a little and see if a new gen was on the horizon before I pull the trigger.

McG

Typically September is when iPods/music devices get their time in the spotlight so, about 6 months to go. Only thing I can imagine they'll do is a) just offer increased storage if anything, or b) totally redesign the iPod touch in some manner.

What else can they really do at this point besides actually enable the FM radio on the Broadcom chip inside it... it's already got the cams, already got the Retina Display (only in resolution, of course, it's not an IPS screen so they potentially could do an actual IPS display in them), etc.

I can't imagine them doing anything else at this point other than the FM radio, maybe improving the video recording ability, that sort of thing.

The dream would be toss a microSD card slot in 'em but, Steve Jobs would have to die and someone else would have to make that happen. But you just never know...

Back