iPod touch? ipod + itunes questions

Bbq

King of Charts
I'm in the market for a new mp3 player; the touch 8gb looks like what i want. However..

1. Do you need an itunes account to use it? I know you need one to buy applications, but what about just to sync it?

2. I don't want to give iTunes my credit card info. I know I can use a gift card to buy itunes things, but can I use that to buy applications, and sync it onto the touch?

3. Does the back surface get scratched up easily?

Thanks.

1. I know you need one for the iphone, don't know about the ipod.

2. Yes, but you'll need an account before you can get any applications.

3. I only have the older model iphone, but from what I've seen of the new ones the back plastic is very tough and shouldn't scratch easily.

1) No, you dont need an account to sync your local content (music/videos/podcasts/photos/etc.)

2) GCs work for apps as well, I think these days you need a CC to make an account though. You could always go get a disposable one to make the account with though if that is the case.

3) Yes, like all the mirrored iPod surfaces it does, but I have mine in a case and it looks brand new still ;)

You need an account to download apps. They actually all act like "purchases" even though it will be $0.00 for free apps.

I went out and bought the touch, signed up for a non-credit card appstore account, and now it's great.

Any apps you people suggest? free apps only, please.

Back