iPod Touch 3G - Music Player Issue (slider stuck)

pcgeek86

Limp Gawd
Hey guys,

On my iPod Touch, the slider to quickly choose a song, artist, or album (on the right side of the screen) is stuck. If I try to use it to quickly change the first letter I'm browsing, it just pops to the top of the list (song, album, or artist), and stays there. Sliding my finger up or down the slider does not change the view like it's supposed to.

Any ideas? I've tried doing a hard reset, and that didn't change anything. Can I force it to re-index without wiping it?

Not knowing anything about how capacitance sensors work, I wonder if the ones on that side of the screen might be having issues. In which case it's a hardware problem -- not a software problem. It should still be under warranty, right?

It's under warranty yeah. I just bought it recently. The ony thing I can think of might be relevant is that a sync was interrupted part way through. Could this affect it?

All of the artists / albums show up under the "123" heading. I don't think it's a hardware issue at all, because it definitely senses where I am pressing, and other apps work just fine. The issue is that, even though I am pressing somewhere A-Z, all the music is under the "123" heading, so it naturally just snaps to the top. I think I'm going to wipe it later and re-do everything.

Back