Ipod screen is already cracked...

Omg! My ipod screen already cracked. When i received it, it already had a small crack. Now it developed into a bigger crack...

IMG_2466.jpg

IMG_2464.jpg

IMG_2465.jpg

IMG_2467.jpg

IMG_2468.jpg

Genius bar? I didnt buy it from apple store or apple.com. Bought in online from an authorized retailer in NY.

EDIT: nm. I took it there and they replaced it for me. Guess they honor warranty at the store even if it wasnt purchased there.

yeah...apple product..apple warranty...go figure :p

sounds like it got damaged during shipping if it started out with a crack. Why did you start to use it even with a crack?

that was going to be my question too...you get a product that is damaged...you should take it right back and have them take care of it...or in your case..called them ASAP and told them what happened..fortunately it was resolved so WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

is there a lot of problems with ipods? when i was there waiting for the guy at the bar to service me, he replaced like 5 ipods before he got to me. I was surprised they still replaced it there even though i didnt buy it at the store.

I still used it cause it was really small and it didnt bother me much... guess that wasnt a smart idea.

IMO (feel free to attack it), the ipods across the board are pretty reliable devices, but all of the newer ipods are selling very well and more and more are ending up second hand and finding their way into the hands of people that have no idea how to take care of a pretty nice piece of technology, ie all the 15 and under kids that think it's some kind of toy that will never break or the people who take them to work out, sweat all over them, and wonder why rust appears and the ipod doesn't work anymore. When you apply that to apples goal of making every customer that walks out their door happy, we'll see a lot of people that have ipods replaced/repaired that don't necessarily need or deserve the swap.

had a guy call in once that had his headphones replaced 14 times because they kept blowing on him....I told him we wern't going to do it any more because it was obviously the way he was treating the equipment...and another one that had admitted to smacking the ipod (while in his pocket) against a desk and cracked the screen...sorry...buy a new one...neither of them were happy with me

bahula03 said:
IMO (feel free to attack it), the ipods across the board are pretty reliable devices, but all of the newer ipods are selling very well and more and more are ending up second hand and finding their way into the hands of people that have no idea how to take care of a pretty nice piece of technology, ie all the 15 and under kids that think it's some kind of toy that will never break or the people who take them to work out, sweat all over them, and wonder why rust appears and the ipod doesn't work anymore. When you apply that to apples goal of making every customer that walks out their door happy, we'll see a lot of people that have ipods replaced/repaired that don't necessarily need or deserve the swap.

apple depends on the workout crowd to buy these, and often that's the initial reason for purchase. they sell accessories (such as the arm band) that would really only be used by someone who's working out, and it's unrealistic to expect someone who's exercising to not sweat.

as far as the 15 year old kids thing, i think apple should build their products to their target demographic. obviously they're targeting pretty much everyone, so their product should be strong enough that everyone can use it. i'm not saying that kids don't abuse stuff the most, but kids have had discmans for years and have managed to keep those in working order: the ipod should be no less strong than a discman.

i'm not sure about the newer ones, but my 2nd gen is still going strong after all these years. i bring it to work and school with me so it's bounced around in a crowded backpack. i go biking with it, so it's gotten dirty and sweaty. i use it when i work in the garage so it's gotten grease and oil on it. i've gotten caught in the rain with it and while the wheel got a bit funky, it was fine when it dried out. it's been dropped a few times and has had a generally rough life. in my opinion, this is exactly how to use the ipod, as it's premise is to bring your whole music collection anywhere you go. it is in the same class as a toy or appliance and in order to deliver on it's premise, cannot be treated perfectly; the real world is not a sterile environment

Back