• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ipod question

jros

Weaksauce
Joined
Jun 11, 2005
Messages
76
for transfering songs onto an ipod, would a usb cord or a firewire cord be the faster?
 
jros said:
for transfering songs onto an ipod, would a usb cord or a firewire cord be the faster?

usb2 = 480mbps max transfer rate
firewire = 400mbps transfer rate

however, average rates i don't know, i still think firewire beats usb2. the fifth gen ipods do not support firewire cables, however.
 
the newer ipods don't support firewire. older versions, firewire was reported to be slightly faster, but not too much of a difference
 
I have a 4G 60GB ipod. I have both firewire and usb2.

I use firewire usually because I have it and it frees up a usb port, however I have tried the usb and have really not seen any difference in speed.

However as stated the latest 5G iPods and Nanos do NOT have firewire support.

edit: to be techinical most will say that firewire has slightly better avg. speed and lower cpu usage. But for what it is being used for on an iPod it generally does not matter one bit since it is such a minute difference.
 
Back
Top