Ipod power pack thingy

r_shortt

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 10, 2002
Messages
301
So I was thinking of getting an ipod video but the stories of battery life with video put me off a little, that and the rumours of a real "Ipod video" coming out in a couple of months. So I was looking at the homemade battery packs and such then got thinking about the shuffle. Its has a battery pack it can use that uses 2 aaa batteries

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...YAr16Q3Z1jk/2.SLID?mco=5430752B&nplm=M9759G/A
Pop a couple of like 900mAhr batteries in it and plug your nano or video into to the pack using the usb cable and charge that way. Anyone do it before?
 
im shure the nanos and videos use TONS more power than the shuffle. the screen in both, and the HDD in the video (not to mention the faster processors) take up alot more power than the shuffle, which has no screen, and only flash memory, no HDD.

other compaines (such as belkin) DO make battery packs for ipods, but they are expensive (i THINK ~$80)
 
I agree they use more power. But if my memory serves me the nano and normal ipods only have like a600 mAhr battery to start with.
 
I just made my own battery pack for my Nano. I cut the end off of a USB extension cable and soldered it into a 4AA battery holder from radio shack. Now I can plug in anything that charges from USB - my ipod, cell phone, pocket PC, etc...
 
DellAxim said:
I just made my own battery pack for my Nano. I cut the end off of a USB extension cable and soldered it into a 4AA battery holder from radio shack. Now I can plug in anything that charges from USB - my ipod, cell phone, pocket PC, etc...
nifty...hmm....
 
Cowcaster88 said:
It is $50 which is midpriced for something for your iPod.
No, that's down right obscene. I made mine for free because I already had the parts laying around. If I had to buy the parts, it would have cost maybe $3. $10 if I had to buy the soldering iron too.
 
DellAxim said:
No, that's down right obscene. I made mine for free because I already had the parts laying around. If I had to buy the parts, it would have cost maybe $3. $10 if I had to buy the soldering iron too.

Not everyone is that inclined so they might pay.
 
Ebay it. Search video ipod battery pack. cost me 10 bucks. gonna pop in 4 rechargable 2300mah AAs and extend that play !!!
Jeff
 
Cowcaster88 said:
Not everyone is that inclined so they might pay.

You don't have to be "inclined". It's two wires. If you can tie you shoe you can make a battery pack. Name brand/retail ipod parts are always obscenely overpriced...
 
Back
Top