Ipod Nano + Goof OFF HELP!

legcramp

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Aug 16, 2004
Messages
12,439
Hey guys.. I used some goof off on my nano's screen and now it wont come off!!! well.. it dries up to a white dried residue on the screen.. I can get it off by putting more goof off on it.. but the next layer would just turn into another layer of residue.. it's endless!! ANY HELP PLEASE>!!
 
Are you sure that the Goof Off isn't melting the plastic of the screen? Brasso has been the favorite product around here for removing iPod scratches, so I'd try giving that a whirl.
 
I think szupan is right, last time I used that on something plastic, It started to melt the screen.
 
ummm I think you guys are right haha!!!!!! AWWW man... my ipod..... O well.
 
Yeah, Goof-off uses xylene, which melts a lot of plastics. I found out the hard way by using it on a friend's keyboard after I spilled a drink on it - all the keys melted together! :eek: Sorry about your iPod, man. :(
 
Hey... it's not half bad.... even though it feels super rough compared to the stock condition... and the screen is ugly and blurry and dotted looking... I am still enjoying the music :p

But I might get embarassed if someone asked to see the ipod lol... but hey I bought it used for 50 bucks WOOT! and it was all scratched up too .
 
Sorry to hear that, I guess as long as your happy that it still work's, than this can be a lesson to all that don't know.
 
Tap Plastics has a plastic polish which is really just like a buffing compound used on car paints jobs. That might bring back the shine.

What you should use to remove anything would be wax-n-grease remover. Never use anything like goof off. Eek.
 
Back
Top