iPhone4 worth it for free?

Ruoh

Supreme [H]ardness
If you could get a 4 for free vs. paying retail for the 4S, would you do it? I'm switching from the Android platform thanks to my buggy as hell X2, and I just want something that functions reliably, but is still a smartphone.

Free? Of course. If it's really free, why not use it alongside your Android and see which you prefer?
If you mean "free with a contract" then probably no, but it would depend on the carrier.

Yeah "free" could mean a few different things here. You better give us some info on how you're getting it free.

I'm by no means an Apple fan, but the iPhone 4 is a great phone. If it's free, I don't see why not. I mean if you don't like it, just get a 4s anyway.

I would hold out until the 5 comes out, then you'll be super cool unlike all the people who wasted an upgrade on the 4S! Although I can understand wanting Siri to remind you to buy milk now... lol

I would hold out until the 5 comes out, then you'll be super cool unlike all the people who wasted an upgrade on the 4S! Although I can understand wanting Siri to remind you to buy milk now... lol

:rolleyes: That's the one thing I WONT like about having an iPhone. The hipster stigmata doesn't do it for me.

Is that where Apple logos mysteriously appear on your palms, feet and side?

It's an inside joke. My friends always said Jobs was Apple's Jesus.

I'll have to ponder the decision for a while. I'm still unconvinced as to what camp I'm switching to.

iPhone is a great phone, if its free then hell yeah. If you don't like it you can always sell it on ebay.

The 4 is a great phone, my stepdad and bunch of friends have had theirs for a while and swear by them. I'm going to switch eventually. Sick of T-mobile's crap.

It's an inside joke. My friends always said Jobs was Apple's Jesus.

I'll have to ponder the decision for a while. I'm still unconvinced as to what camp I'm switching to.
what's the heavy decision?
if it's free try it and if you don't like it, you either give it back or sell it

OP sh*t or get off the pot ;) How is the phone free and why is this a tough decision?

depends -- I was on the iphone crack from day one till the end of the iphone 3G time.

Went to android and life was a helluva lot easier without having to jump through the invisible hoops that the dead asshole jobs setup.

I find it amazing that I had to spend an entire day surfing, reading, and hacking away at my iphone to get it to do what I wanted to do, vs rooting a droid that I literally did while driving down the street in 3 minutes.

if my current phone took a dump and died, and I got a 4S for free (off contract) yeah I'd use it. Any other situation and I'd sell it, pocket the cash and get something faster/better.

God help you if you are on AT&T (gag)

This is the dumbest question I've ever seen asked on this forum.

Yes, assuming it's no strings attatched.

If there are strings, you should have mentioned them, would have made this a lot easier.

This is also coming from a guy who owns an SGS II, Using an old Galaxy I as an mp3 player, has had android phones since the HTC G1...

I still miss my iPhone 4 time to time ;)

I didn't mention "strings". And by not doing so, I got the responses I was looking for. /thread

Absolutely. I just gave my wife my 4 and bought the 4S. Unless you absolutely NEED Siri (Which is flukey anyways) go with the 4 for free.

Honestly, its like being offered an iPad for free vs buyin an iPad2. There is just not enough of a difference to warrant the money vs no money. M2C

Back