Iphone X users thread.

AltTabbins

Fully [H]
** Please do not use this thread to argue about IOS vs Android. Thank you **

Hows everyone's experience with their X so far? Mines been great with my only gripe being the white bar at the bottom not going away for video. Anyone know how to get rid of it? It fades away during web browsing or normal use, but for some reason when watching video it doesn't fade out.

What cases are you guys using? I have a Pitaka Magcase on its way. I used one on my iphone 7 and its incredible. Not great for drops, but good enough for giving it some grip and keeping things unscratched. I'm a minimalist when it comes to cases and this one is as minimal as it gets. It's paper thin but very ridged. I wasn't a fan of dbrand skins so having an actual case that does about the same thing was nice.

Which app are you using to watch that video? Perhaps it hasn't been optimized for the X yet.

Probably better off just making an iPhone X thread in the Apple Products forum.

I absolutely love this phone, easily the best phone ive ever had. Ive had flagship androids and all the iphones since day 1. BY FAR, this phone is amazing. From the impeccable build quality ( really does feel like an expensive device ) to the just the supreme hardware and tech in this thing, absolutely incredible.

I literally cant find one thing bad to say about it. Im currently using this case but i may be changing it, insane fingerprint magnet lol. But at $10-$12, cant complain. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074CMMCZM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Which app are you using to watch that video? Perhaps it hasn't been optimized for the X yet.

It was the NFL app. I was watching the Seahawks game last night. It looks like its been updated for the X (just looking at the UI).

I literally cant find one thing bad to say about it.

My only complaint is a very 1st world problem. When I use my phone in bed, it doesn't scan my face accurately and I have to move it slightly further away.

I have been using the iPhone X for about 4 hours now and I like the overall design of the phone and the camera is pretty awesome with its camera app features. My only thing right now is app layout and interactions with the X. Some of the standard apple applications, iOS layout almost seems like an afterthought with large gaps and blank spaces. Third party apps I imagine will be updated to better layouts to keep up with the X design.

I was expecting to be wow'd more over my 7 plus but Im not too excited about it.
Excitement scale I would give a 6/10.

Do I prefer this over the 7 Plus, yes but not sure it was worth the cost to upgrade right now.

For those that are on the fence, I would hold off for another year if you have the 6/7 already.

And just to add, I have had the following smartphones

iPhone 3gs
HTC Evo
BlackBerry Bold
iPhone 4
iPhone 5
iPhone 5s
iPhone 6 Plus
Galaxy S7 Edge
iPhone 7 Plus

Last edited:
As an iPhone owner from the 3GS to 7 Plus, I found Face ID to be very frustrating. Only worked about 50% for me. I'd try it 2-3-4 times, then get prompted to enter my passcode. I spoke to Apple tech support and was advised to exchange it at an Apple store. I just returned it, instead. Almost bought an 8 Plus, but decided to hold off for now.

Like the Pixel 2 XL I also tried and returned because of its sub-par screen, I expect damn near perfection when I drop over $1000 on a cell phone. The X just didn't deliver for me; nor did the iOS 11 update. I'll give it another year for Apple to refine the design/performance of the X and its successor.

I agree with DRJ1014. If you've got the 7/7 Plus, don't upgrade this year.

I prefer larger phones ( mainly for longer battery life ), and the iPhone X Plus due in October next year looks AMAZING, and running iOS 12 with the even more efficient A12 chip, I will actually be first in line to grab this beast;

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2017/11/13/kgi-iphone-x-plus/

One of my good customers just got the X, and he's raving about it, and he's an equal Android lover and iOS guy, and he's saying to me the iPhone X is easily his fav smartphone ever. And he's owned like all the top flagships last several years, iPhone's, Galaxy, Nexus, Motorola, and he's crazy for the X :)

I’d get it for FaceID alone but I’m not spending 1k to get it.
It was the NFL app. I was watching the Seahawks game last night. It looks like its been updated for the X (just looking at the UI).
I hate the nfl app, every year I try it again and it’s always the same POS.

I’d get it for FaceID alone but I’m not spending 1k to get it.

I hate the nfl app, every year I try it again and it’s always the same POS.

Face ID is pretty cool but I would be just as happy with a rear finger print reader.

Face ID is pretty cool but I would be just as happy with a rear finger print reader.
I could be missing out on something cool but it was never something I thought to myself that I wish I had. Apple listens to its customers pretty well and if it was something that'd be groundbreaking for them it'd be implemented. I just don't think theres enough of a demand to have a rear finger print scanner or home button.

After playing around with it for a few days, I am enjoying the phone more and more but there are still times where I wish I still had the fingerprint reader. There are moments when I have the phone down and want to unlock it and look at something without picking it up but now I have to lean over the phone to get it to unlock where as before just the act of pressing the home button got me where I wanted to be instead of having to input the pass code.

Im sure Ill adapt later on but right now its one of the annoying things I am running into right now.

I personally haven't had any issues with the facial ID, it has unlocked with no problems 100% of the time.

I do love the size difference. Having the Plus in my pocket was extremely bulky but now with this it feels as if I have my iPhone 5 in my pocket. Such a huge difference.

Got my Silver 64gb on launch day and it has been better than I expected.

Plus size hardware in a smaller build. Meaning the smaller iPhone has always been gimped to drive people to the higher priced Plus version (camera, battery, screen, etc). The X has all of the Plus features plus a few extras.

I do miss the larger screen of the Plus and would most likely look at an X+ next year if it does not get out of control on the size.

I came from a 7 Plus but have been a reformed phone junkie for a bout a year and a half except for a couple relapses with the Pixel and OnePlus 5. I used to go through several phones a year buying, trying and selling to get the next big thing.

The X just feels like a new phone with Face ID and gestures. Past years Android or iOS has just felt like more of the same with a spec bump.

Face ID has worked much better than I expected and seems to get better the more I use it. Gestures feel natural and I find myself trying the same gestures on other phones.

iOS 11 is what it is but it is fluid and quick on the X. The biggest thing I notice is how fast everything feels except loading up Twitter or LinkedIn (both seem to lag when first going into the respective app).

I had originally thought of just flipping mine but after using it for more than a week I like it more than I thought I would so figured I might as well hang on to it and see what kind of Improvements will be made on the software end over the next few months.

Battery life has been great. Not as good as my 7+ was but more than enough to get through any normal day. Size has been nice as it is much easier to operate one handed and still enough screen real estate for media consumption.

I have been using a Samsung Fast Wireless Charger that I had at the office and it works well. Obviously it's not fast charging as Apple limited it but apparently iOS 11.2 will bump wireless charging speeds up to 7.5W. In any case it's nice to just drop it on the pad when needed.

Short story, I have truly enjoyed using the X and expect to use it for the foreseeable future unless something special comes from Android.

Last edited:
I have been enjoying my X as well.

I upgraded from an iPhone 6 to the X. Although I did have a period where I used the S7.

I can say that I truly enjoy the iPhone X. The speed of the A11 is fantastic, and the battery life is even better then I would have expected, but that could just be me happy that my phone doesn't die within 30 minutes.

The Face ID is really good, but I do worry at just how secure it is.

One thing I'm not a fan of is this anti-aliasing Apple integrated for text to make it look smoother. To me it only makes it blurrier to the point where I sometimes wipe down the screen because I think there is oil or something on it causing the text to blur. The screen is 458 PPI but some text looks like it's on a 720p equivalent display to me at times.

I’ve had it since day 1 too and absolutely love it. Only thing I’ll trade up for at this point is hopefully a 6.something inch screen iPhone 11 or something.

Amazing phone

Old thread - But I picked this phone up today because I get bored, and I was a Face ID hater that isn't anymore. I'm amazed as to how well the face ID works, and loosing the home button is no issue. Overall really enjoying this phone even though I thought I wouldn't.

Lack of headphone jack still pisses me off though.

Three days ago I brought Iphone X, 64 GB version. It's a bit expensive from my monthly salary but it was worth it. First of all, I've upgraded from Iphone 6 Plus. Everything is better with X. I got better camera, it's lighter and faster. Probably processor of phone is very fast, because X does everything pretty fast. I'm quite delighted with the camera and quality of pictures. In these three days I'm amazed by this phone, I wish I could buy it long before.

Three days ago I brought Iphone X, 64 GB version. It's a bit expensive from my monthly salary but it was worth it. First of all, I've upgraded from Iphone 6 Plus. Everything is better with X. I got better camera, it's lighter and faster. Probably processor of phone is very fast, because X does everything pretty fast. I'm quite delighted with the camera and quality of pictures. In these three days I'm amazed by this phone, I wish I could buy it long before.
I'm in the same boat, like having the same physical size as the previous iphones, but the same size/resolution screen as the plus model.
I have a DSLR but the damn thing is clunky and inconvenient in comparison, the portrait mode on it made taking good photos alot easier.

I found myself just using a tripod phone mount instead of the DSLR at our last xmas for family photo shoots even.

For me personally I find the iPhone X to be as significant as a release as the iPhone 4 was. It's the first time since the iPhone 4 that I really feel like Apple has moved forward in hardware quality / design and the size of the X is just perfect. You get the Plus camera quality and screen size without having a massive device.

They've really upgraded the quality of the stereo speakers as well. My wife's iPhone 8 doesn't sound as good, and as I mentioned FaceID is just brilliant. It's fast, and works 99.99% of the time without fail. The iOS UI changes specific for the X really feels natural as well, and the swipe up from bottom to replace the home button just feels better.

Back