• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

iPhone vs Nexus One

Yeah, I know the iphone syncs like that. I just think Android does it a bit better. For example, in contacts, since it's my google contacts and it comes with GoogleTalk installed, I can select a contact and call them, sms them, start a googletalk, or email them from contacts without any add-ons or extra software. It's just a few small creature comforts like that that i really like.

Again, I can't knock the iphone though. I was nothing but pleased with the overall performance.
 
Well, the only thing on that list that the iphone doesnt do without extra software is the googletalk, which I make no use off at all. If you do, I can certainly see why that is an important feature for you.
 
Yeah, again, not knocking the iphone, and for the most part it does exactly the same thing. But like I said, I use google for most everything and I prefer the way Android has intergrated it into the system. To each their own of course.

Honestly though, from my experience they are both great phones. Hell, when I was in High School a couple of my friends had the "new" bag style mobile phone, look at us now, :p

Edit,
a bit more back on topic. If your still on the fence, it may be worth your while to wait until the official release information for the 4G Iphone. Random sources are saying dual core processor and quite a few other nice items.
 
Last edited:
Um.. You can use your google accounts just like an exchange account with the iPhone. Syncs extremely well that way
You can now also pull images for your contacts from the Facebook app, which is pretty slick.

Well, the only thing on that list that the iphone doesnt do without extra software is the googletalk, which I make no use off at all. If you do, I can certainly see why that is an important feature for you.
Google Voice. You can make and send calls and SMS/MMS without going through the carrier. On the iPhone, you have to use a web app.

If you use your Android phone correctly with GV, you'll never end up using any minutes or texts.
 
You can now also pull images for your contacts from the Facebook app, which is pretty slick....

That is slick, I didn't know that.

...
If you use your Android phone correctly with GV, you'll never end up using any minutes or texts.

This is about the only reason I am seriously considering a switch to the Nexus. I think I'm a little too attached to MobileMe though to really do it. And I dont mind the web app.
 
I'm really on the fence between the iPhone 3GS and an Android (not sure which phone yet, maybe Nexus One)

I help operate a small business, i'm involved with marketing and communications so networking, keeping in contact with emails and clients is important, social networking is important, keeping tabs on our website is important.

I'm also interested in the cost/benefit of each phone. I have an iPod Touch and know some apps that can be useful for saving money such as cheap gas, maps (avoid traffic), task management, an app to find cheaper prices on products.

I guess you can say much of my online communications are tied to Google: gmail for personal email, google apps for work email and calendar. It would be awesome if I could use Google Voice to text from and call from so that I don't use up my carrier minutes, and just reserve those for incoming calls.

Based upon all that, which phone platform sounds like a better choice... iPhone or Android and if Android... which carrier?

Really appreciate any response, I'm sure there's others out there like me, I'll tweet a link to this thread.
 
Back
Top