iphone user wanting to go droid

ddean5

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a 3gs that is jailbroken to 4.2 and has all the goodies I like, like installous lol

Well I was debating on upgrading and moving to droid, as it seems to be the place to go. I was looking at the HTC Inspire 4g and the Motorola Atrix. I liked both, but droid is unfamiliar territory. I hear the Atrix is horrible at day to day use but the specs are all ZOMG. Seems like the Inspire would be the safe bet. Besides the iphone 5, what other phones are coming out and will be available for at&t customers? Any suggestions?

Hmm right now if I were on verizon I'd go for the thunderbolt, or wait for bionic and compare both.

I went from a 3gs to a Atrix and love it. It did take a few days to get used to Android, but now that I've got the hang of it I'll never go back to an iphone again.

htc inspire is an awsome phone great 4.3in display and it does everything smoothly :) no android 3.0 but it does have 2.2 amd soonto flash 2.3

Both are great choices. Only issue is HTC & Moto lock their bootloaders so rooting (Jailbreaking) is almost impossible.

Both are great choices. Only issue is HTC & Moto lock their bootloaders so rooting (Jailbreaking) is almost impossible.
100000000% WRONG.

Rooting (jailbreaking) is very easy to do on a motorola atrix, HTC Inspire, and virtually any other device with a locked bootloader.. Its basically a one click process. The locked bootloader only prevents you from installing a custom kernel. Heck, you can still even install custom roms (If you dont believe me ill gladly link you to Gingerblur 7.7 rom that im running right now on my Atrix.) Even if you dont root you still can do more than you can do on a jailbroken Iphone.

. I hear the Atrix is horrible at day to day use but the specs are all ZOMG.

I love my Atrix, the battery life is surprisingly good and so far I havent regretted switching from my iphone 4.

I have a droid x which has a looked boot loader, currently I am running a custom rom, so this isn't true at all.

My co-worker rooted his EVO more times than I care to remember. It was hit-n-miss but he's got a custom ROM that is floating his boat. IIRC, it's a Gingerbread variant.

My co-worker rooted his EVO more times than I care to remember. It was hit-n-miss but he's got a custom ROM that is floating his boat. IIRC, it's a Gingerbread variant.

Normally you only do a permanent root once, and then you're good to go. With the ROMs, it can sometimes be try & cry, but since you have recovery mods, that isn't a real issue. Just go back to the old version or try something else. I've done it many times.

Back