iphone ringtone makers?

Gabe3

2[H]4U
I've been using http://audiko.net/ for ringtones on my iphone but the site boosts the volume and it just make it more distorted. the phone speaker is loud enough that it doesn't need any boost but I havn't been able to find a program or service that doesn't boost the volume.

If the songs are purchased through itunes sure...

Did you read the link?

Generally the way I do it is I use Audacity to get an mp3 down to whatever section I want as my ringtone - then save it as an mp3.

import it into iTunes, and convert it to an AAC.

then rename the M4a file to M4r, re-import it to itunes and presto, a ringtone.

It's similar to the above link but I like using audacity because I have more control over the audio, so in the end it loops better. (I can also normalize the audio and apply effects if I want it)

For those who are too lazy to click on the link HenryBravo posted, or read through it... Here's the quick and dirty steps for creating a ringtone:

1. In itunes, right click and select get info, and then crop the file using the start and stop times so that it is less than 40 seconds.
2. Then right click the file in itunes and select the option to convert it to AAC. (If you just see an option to convert to MP3, you may need to go to your options and switch your encoding preference from MP3 to AAC.)
3. Find the newly saved M4A file and rename it to have an extension of M4R.
4. Doubleclick on the file to reimport into itunes as a ringtone
5. Sync your phone, and it will then appear as a ringtone on your phone.

No other software necessary. No need to buy (or rebuy) a song on itunes. Can be done with any audio you have ripped from cds yourself. Incredibly simple.

For those who are too lazy to click on the link HenryBravo posted, or read through it... Here's the quick and dirty steps for creating a ringtone:

1. In itunes, right click and select get info, and then crop the file using the start and stop times so that it is less than 40 seconds.
2. Then right click the file in itunes and select the option to convert it to AAC. (If you just see an option to convert to MP3, you may need to go to your options and switch your encoding preference from MP3 to AAC.)
3. Find the newly saved M4A file and rename it to have an extension of M4R.
4. Doubleclick on the file to reimport into itunes as a ringtone
5. Sync your phone, and it will then appear as a ringtone on your phone.

No other software necessary. No need to buy (or rebuy) a song on itunes. Can be done with any audio you have ripped from cds yourself. Incredibly simple.

My bad it was late, I was tired, and was exactly that...lazy to read lol...

I'm glad to have checked back in on this though, because I tried with my old iphone (about 9 mos ago) to make ringtones using itunes, and it wouldn't let me (using similar steps to above) because the songs were not purchased through itunes.

I will give it a shot, on the 3g one I have now.

Thanks, and sorry for the lazy response lol

On a side note, my wife and I have a bunch of ringtones we have already made from our old Razor phones, can these be imported and changed in the same manner? It would save some steps, as they are all ready in size and length.

My bad it was late, I was tired, and was exactly that...lazy to read lol...

I'm glad to have checked back in on this though, because I tried with my old iphone (about 9 mos ago) to make ringtones using itunes, and it wouldn't let me (using similar steps to above) because the songs were not purchased through itunes.

I will give it a shot, on the 3g one I have now.

Thanks, and sorry for the lazy response lol

On a side note, my wife and I have a bunch of ringtones we have already made from our old Razor phones, can these be imported and changed in the same manner? It would save some steps, as they are all ready in size and length.

Yes assuming they are .mp3s, convert them to AAC, rename to .m4r, and re-import to itunes.

for those on a mac: use garageband. it has a built in thing to save as ringtone.

Back