• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

iPhone ringtone issue.

swanysto

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 3, 2005
Messages
340
So I have tried a few different things that I have read on the internet. The first was to download a song from itunes and right click > create ringtone. When I do this, it tells me the song I just bought "can no longer be made into a ringtone". I don't get that, I haven't played it or uploaded it to anything yet.

The next step was to follow a tip on the internet, and that was to change the extension on and AAC file to M4R. I tried this, and itunes recognizes it as a ringtone, but when I try to sync it, it does not show up under the ringtones tab on the phone so that I can sync it. The tip came with a waiver saying that no one has gotten it to work with a file over 3.1mb. The song I tried was cut down to about 2.5. Again, nothing.

I have the 1.1.3 software, cause it is brand new. I am not big on using the jailbreak software, but I guess if that is the only option, than I might have to try it. However, I am willing to pay for ringtones, which is what I thought I was doing by the song through itunes, then paying another .99 to cut it to the part of the song I want. Can't get that far though.


Any ideas?

Thanks,
swany
 
You have to make sure and cut the song down to 30 seconds or less and then it will work. I had the same problem.
 
yeah, thanks for the replies. I too would like to know if there is a windows version. Or how a free program that will let me cut a song down.

Thanks
swany
 
I tried audacity, unfortunately it requires the file to be wav, or mp3. I only have m4a files. Is there a free program that converts them?
 
You may have to download the songs through iTunes again. It happened to me. For some reason some of the songs I downloaded were not ringtone capable and now that I downloaded one of them again to troubleshoot, it worked.

I would call Apple Support for iTunes and see if you could get a credit for the ones you decide to make a ringtone with.
 
Thanks! I took my custom mp3 ringtones from my Moto Q and tossed them on my iPhone this morning in all of 5 min.
 
Back
Top