IPhone Review

HardOCP News

[H] News
Amidst all the good / bad / funny iPhone news items plastered all over the internet, I found an in-depth review of the phone at Engadget that is definitely worth checking out. I’ll tell you one thing, after being inundated for a month with all this iPhone stuff, I think I need an iBreak from all the hype.

The fact is, there's only a very short list of properly groundbreaking technologies in the iPhone (multi-touch input), and a very long list of things users are already upset about not having in a $600 cellphone (3G, GPS, A2DP, MMS, physical keyboard, etc.). If you're prepared to buy into the hype, and thusly, the device, it's important that purchase (and its subsequent two year commitment to AT&T) not be made for features, but for the device's paradigm-shifting interface.

Ill wait to get this when it becomes free after rebate. By this time it will be on version 3-4 :)

I would recommend reading anand's (www.anandtech.com) as well. The EG review doesn't directly compare it to other phones. It tries to isolate the phone without a direct comparison to competing product (like BJ or crackberry).

I think Apple did what Apple does best. Take the features that people use the most and do it nearly 100% right.

I would recommend reading anand's (www.anandtech.com) as well. The EG review doesn't directly compare it to other phones. It tries to isolate the phone without a direct comparison to competing product (like BJ or crackberry).

I think Apple did what Apple does best. Take the features that people use the most and do it nearly 100% right.

While I agree with your statement, I don't agree that justifies the huge price tag,

good review.. I just need more money to get an iphone! Thats when a summer job comes in handy! :) But I will leave it at home amap *as much as possible* cause I don't want to get robbed and people will be like OMG you have an iphone?!?! lol

yea the draw back is that the edge is slow... oh well at least it has wi-fi.

I've never been a big fan of apple or ipod's but i just finished reading this review and on the whole it seems like a good product. In it's current state it's not for the hardcore business man/woman on the go who's getting a billion emails and needs to multitask out the ass. But for the average Joe, I'm sure it'd be a blast to use and have at your side. Most of the problems that were brought up in the article seem like they could be corrected with a simple firmware update. I mean honestly, when Is anything ever perfect in it's initial version? The price is steep but I dont even think that matters to a lot of people considering all the features and the coolness factor. I personally wont buy it. But thats only because I dont have the kind of lifestyle that would necessitate having one.

I managed to walk in and buy one with no wait when they came out and I find myself sliding it open quite a bit to just check email, messages, take photos, show photos to people, or watch some tv shows or movies. The web browser is pretty nice too, I'm hoping they'll come out with a flash patch in the future. Interface is really slick and you'll spend a lot of time just gawking at it and flowing back and forth through sections. Also, it multitasks and has a tabbed browser which is pretty sweet. You can do all of these things at any time you want, even while taking a call. And, lets say you have someone on the line and you want them to hear a song, well you can just go into your iPod section and play them the song over the phone, pretty sweet eh? :)

I did wish it had multimedia texting though... however, you can easily e-mail photos to people and if your friends have email addresses for their cell phones then its basically the same thing, right? :p

Camera looks surprisingly good and takes some pretty amazing pictures!

photoyl6.jpg

what do you think the chances are fro a joost client on the iphone?

Back