iPhone Pre-order

Haha, ehh I will just wait for the pre-order to come early October I am in no rush.

Haha, ehh I will just wait for the pre-order to come early October I am in no rush.
if you haven't ever stood in line before it's not a bad experience to do at least once, in my opinion. never know, you might wind up in line next to someone cute and you'd have a few hours to talk. and long as you're not a tool you should wind up with a number at least :)

I've been watching my shipment date all week, on Monday it had switched from 10/7 to "Unknown delivery date". I checked this morning, and it was still unknown. I got on the phone with Verizon to find out why it hadn't changed in nearly a week, and as soon as I got someone on the horn, and refreshed the page, it had updated to 10/7 again. ><

The Order History page is still borked though.

if you haven't ever stood in line before it's not a bad experience to do at least once, in my opinion. never know, you might wind up in line next to someone cute and you'd have a few hours to talk. and long as you're not a tool you should wind up with a number at least :)

Nothing on earth would make me want to WILLINGLY want to wait in line. I hate traffic, lines, waiting, massachusetts, etc.

So I ended up getting 2 pre-order phones guaranteed for me on the 19th. Saw the price of $400 for a 6 64GB on a 2 year contract and said NOPE. Got the wife a Note 3 last night for $100, sold her 4S for $150. I'll be switching to a S5 I think in 2 weeks for $100. Sell my 5 for ~$250.

Just too expensive this time to upgrade for features other phones had 2 years ago. I loved my 5 and want to stay with a current generation, but the 6 just doesn't bring enough to justify the expense.

2 pre-orders wasted for nothing I guess.

So I ended up getting 2 pre-order phones guaranteed for me on the 19th. Saw the price of $400 for a 6 64GB on a 2 year contract and said NOPE. Got the wife a Note 3 last night for $100, sold her 4S for $150. I'll be switching to a S5 I think in 2 weeks for $100. Sell my 5 for ~$250.

Just too expensive this time to upgrade for features other phones had 2 years ago. I loved my 5 and want to stay with a current generation, but the 6 just doesn't bring enough to justify the expense.

2 pre-orders wasted for nothing I guess.

What carrier are you on?

Well, our dates changed again. Went from 11/2 - 11/27 shipping, then to 10/2 - 10/3 shipping, and now the the 6 and 6+ have both shipped and will be delivered by 10:30 a.m. tomorrow.

Nice little surprise.

Well, our dates changed again. Went from 11/2 - 11/27 shipping, then to 10/2 - 10/3 shipping, and now the the 6 and 6+ have both shipped and will be delivered by 10:30 a.m. tomorrow.

Nice little surprise.

Dang. I'm jealous. Mine is still showing oct 1st-6th. Wish it would update

Dang. I'm jealous. Mine is still showing oct 1st-6th. Wish it would update

I got my order to go through shortly after launch. Was pissed with the original ship dates since I was up at 2 a.m., but now it looks to have paid off. :)

Has anyone on Tmobile, non-jump, have their phone ship out yet?

Interesting. I ordered a T-Mobile iPhone 6 Plus 64GB off of Apple on preorder night. Got an Oct 1-6 estimate. Just received a text saying it has shipped with an expected September 24 delivery. I'm happy :)

I got my order to go through shortly after launch. Was pissed with the original ship dates since I was up at 2 a.m., but now it looks to have paid off. :)

lol I set my alarm, for 3:00am (EST), so I could pre-order and hopefully beat most of the crowd. It took like 2 hours before I was actually able to order because of the store being down. I guess some people were able to order before midnight (PST) but assumed it wouldn't be up.

Oh well, got an email this morning... like synergyo1, it should be here on the 24th. It's going to be a long wait lol

Tmobile doesn't give free overnight shipping on phones?

I ordered directly from Apple. It's shipping from china, according to the tracking number, so I assume that's the reason it'll take a few days to get here?

If you don't want it you can just sell it for a huge markup and then get another phone while pocketing a couple hundred dollars.

If you don't want it you can just sell it for a huge markup and then get another phone while pocketing a couple hundred dollars.

lol I actually thought about doing that with mine. However, I don't fee like waiting until November/December to get one.

I thought you cancelled it like 2 pages back??
I did!! TMo sent it anyway. I spoke with them but it was too late to stop the shipment.

I convinced work to buy it if I like it rather than waiting for the whole approval process to complete.

Trying to cancel phones during launch like this can be a pain in the ass. As soon as an order hits the system, it get allocated in China and they figure out the logistics of what flight schedule it needs to get on. When the phones hit the U.S. they never pass through a carrier warehouse, they go to UPS hubs and then delivered out from there.

My iPhone 6 has arrived. Thanks, AT&T! (I will never say those words again.)

My iPhone 6 has arrived. Thanks, AT&T! (I will never say those words again.)

rivals-seinfeld-and-newman.jpeg

lol

enjoy. Hows it feel compared to the 4"?

Just got my phone in today, with that and picking up the GTX 980 from microcenter its like Christmas for me but yet its also Talk like a pirate day!

enjoy. Hows it feel compared to the 4"?

I've barely even had the chance to use it. I'm going to restore from my previous backup tonight, and then try it out. So far, it looks like I picked the right size; it's just barely usable in my hand. I can't imagine trying to use the 5.5'' as a phone or one handheld device. It's just not what I need.

I like the overall heft and weight, and the screen feels like it takes up a larger percentage of the front plate than my iPhone 5. Touch ID is great—this is the first Apple device I own that uses Touch ID—though I had to adjust a little to its presence. I'm still so used to swiping left and typing in my 4 digit PIN.

Overall, so far, so good. My old iPhone 5 is already fielding buyers, too.

I've barely even had the chance to use it. I'm going to restore from my previous backup tonight, and then try it out. So far, it looks like I picked the right size; it's just barely usable in my hand. I can't imagine trying to use the 5.5'' as a phone or one handheld device. It's just not what I need.

I like the overall heft and weight, and the screen feels like it takes up a larger percentage of the front plate than my iPhone 5. Touch ID is great—this is the first Apple device I own that uses Touch ID—though I had to adjust a little to its presence. I'm still so used to swiping left and typing in my 4 digit PIN.

I feel that so long as Apple keeps making a "smaller" option, then I'll stick with the iPhone as my preferred phone. I know a guy at work who's getting a 5.5-inch. I got to see the case of it yesterday (he doesn't have the phone yet), and DAMN! That's big. I can't imagine carrying around one of those.

The Touch-ID seems to get better the longer you use it. The first week or so it was hit or miss for me, but now it works almost every single time. If it's still not working that great after a while you can always just add your main finger a couple of times to the "fingers". Reduces the amount of actual fingers you can use, but makes that one more accurate.

So apparently the only places selling T-Mobile iPhones are T-Mobile stores, which have no stock, and Apple Stores, which have a ridiculously high quantity of people.

Seems like I'll be waiting until mid next week at the earliest..

So apparently the only places selling T-Mobile iPhones are T-Mobile stores, which have no stock, and Apple Stores, which have a ridiculously high quantity of people.

Seems like I'll be waiting until mid next week at the earliest..

I went to an Apple store today. I'd avoid retail. It's a freaking madhouse.

I went to an Apple store today. I'd avoid retail. It's a freaking madhouse.

I'm going to wait until Tuesday before I even attempt to buy it due to all of the weekend warriors who's jobs don't let them go to buy one during the middle of the week. My phone is on its last legs, but it can live for a few more days.

I spoke to one of the people at the Apple Store over the phone this week, and was told that they are getting new stock every day during the next week. He said to check online at midnight, when the stock is refreshed in their system, and to try and purchase one with in-store pickup. He wasn't sure when this'll start working since their system was essentially disabled for release day, but it should be fairly soon.

With T-Mobile not shipping phones for another 2 weeks, and only offering ultra-slow UPS ground shipping, buying one in person remains my best bet.

my wife's 6+ in white shipped will be here tomorrow, ordered ATT at 12:05

my black 6+ still has a date of oct 2-15th

In case you haven't played with it too much, you can still swipe and use your PIN

also, when you train your finger(s) make sure you lift them up and roll them all over the place. you want to really move that finger around the sensor to give it the best chance of calculating your print. like all the way to (and up) the sides, rocking it back and forth, rotating it like you're going around the clock (12, 1, 2, 3pm, then 11, 10, and 9, for example).

pick the phone up from an angled side, like you would if you were driving and needed to use the phone, grab it and see how your thumb lands on the phone--then train it in that position. and train both thumbs.

it doesn't rotate the image so if you train it at 12 o clock position and try to unlock it at 3pm it won't work. unless you consciously think about it you might not realize how often you pick the phone up with both hands and were your thumb lands. those are some things that I finally realized and now it works every time unless I'm just hopping out of the shower.

I'm going to wait until Tuesday before I even attempt to buy it due to all of the weekend warriors who's jobs don't let them go to buy one during the middle of the week. My phone is on its last legs, but it can live for a few more days.

I spoke to one of the people at the Apple Store over the phone this week, and was told that they are getting new stock every day during the next week. He said to check online at midnight, when the stock is refreshed in their system, and to try and purchase one with in-store pickup. He wasn't sure when this'll start working since their system was essentially disabled for release day, but it should be fairly soon.

With T-Mobile not shipping phones for another 2 weeks, and only offering ultra-slow UPS ground shipping, buying one in person remains my best bet.

Apple.com's stock system has been working since the 20th. Friend of mine ordered a 64GB 6 for in store pickup early Saturday morning, then walked into the Apple Store and like 6PM on Saturday and got his phone.

Apple.com's stock system has been working since the 20th. Friend of mine ordered a 64GB 6 for in store pickup early Saturday morning, then walked into the Apple Store and like 6PM on Saturday and got his phone.

Just checked and the only 64gb 6 space gray T-Mobile available is at a store more than 100 miles away.

I guess I'm just going to have to wait.

So anyone else here in AT&T's pre-order limbo?
A co-worker ordered the same phone as I did, two weeks after launch and got it delivered a week later. T-Mobile 6P 64gb.

Back to iPhone after having a series of problems with Samsung S4. Ordered iPhone 6 just now. Never going back to Androids.

Back