iPhone Pre-order

I preordered with AT&T at about 3:30 AM Eastern when preorders began. I received a confirmation text yesterday, and my order status page lists a ship time between the 17th and 18th. Looks like I'm getting my phone on the 19th.

No issues here.

Took me 3 hours to get a order confirmation from tmobile on the 12th. I talked to a rep and she said my order should be shipped out by 9/19.

My Verizon order is still saying its being processed. Hopefully it will be shipped for the 19th. Anyone gotten a shipped status from them? Apparently they are sending iphones to shipper warehouses already to sit until Friday

Your Apple iPhone 6 (128GB Space Gray) has been reserved and is expected to arrive on or around 9/19/2014. Your iPhone has been reserved. :p

I was unable to preorder due to being in the middle of an address change, and now the 64gb Space Gray preorders are so far out in the future, I'm betting it'll be easier to find one for sale on release day.

This is now my plan.

I was unable to preorder due to being in the middle of an address change, and now the 64gb Space Gray preorders are so far out in the future, I'm betting it'll be easier to find one for sale on release day.

This is now my plan.
I had mine delivered to the store so I can get the 200 gift right away when I pickup the phone and turn in my old phone. If you preorder online they mail it to you. I too plan on looking in store on release day since all I have to do is cancel the order. You can cancel as long as the phone has not shipped.

I'd like to just hold a 6 and 6+, don't want to own an iPhone for the time being (not hating, just saying, moved on to try the other side for a bit). Anyone know when they'll be in stores to play with?

My Verizon Order (iPhone 6 64GB) has already shipped and should have it Friday.

I ordered my 6+ from AT&T right at release and my confirmation email shows a ship date of November 9th to 27th. Not happy.

yeah I read the plus are delayed like up to 3 weeks after the 19th. I bet it comes faster than mid Nov. I was tempted on the plus but I had a Lumia 920 for 2 weeks and that's about the right size phone for me.. I have to do a lot of laborious stuff with a phone in my jeans pocket and while it would fit, I don't think it would be comfortable while I am bending and lifting and such.. anyways... I bet the pre-orders for the plus come like mid Oct..

this is the first time I have pre-ordered a phone since the G1...

I saw a report on the Today show that said the 6 is shipping this week while the 6+ is at least a month back ordered.

I saw a report on the Today show that said the 6 is shipping this week while the 6+ is at least a month back ordered.

Both are shipping this week for people who preordered quickly enough. Both are now quoting ship times of 3-4 weeks for new orders.

All I can say is FUCKKKKK Verizon's customer service @ their main store here. Can not believe the shit that went down with me a few days ago.

Needless to say, I ended up pre-ordering through a local Target store this past Friday. A regular 6 and 6+ for me. Target didn't quote me a date at all but the rep that helped me said she had worked with Target for 4 years and done all the apple launches this same way. She said I can personally tell you confidently that you'll get both this Friday because you were the 2nd person here to pre-order.

Anyways, on the other hand, my case-mate cases came in for my 6 and 6+, GOD DAMN THE 6+ IS HUGE! HAHA I like it. Really quality stuff, $35 a pop though.

bc07f1fb-9849-4000-b74a-efef19989d0a.jpg~original

37754106-5122-4b99-887b-21dd609ecdea.jpg~original

A1EF2CD2-44B4-410A-98FC-18E24816EBC9.jpg~original

Last edited:
I canceled my pre-ordered 6, at 7pm, but just got a text from TMo stating my order will ship on the 19th. Oops! I'm sure they'll catch it before it ships.

Any reason for canceling?
Yeah, the boss offered to have his agency buy my next phone, so no more 2-year contracts, payment plans, etc. Just a little perk in my contract for work done well. Between that and full-time telecommuting, I'm a happy boy, today :D

I'm going wait for the new Moto X and then decide between it and the iPhone 6.

My dad preordered it. I'll get a feel for it and decide if I want it or not, probably going to stick with my 5S though. Still love the shape of the 5/5S the most. I don't know what it is but I sometimes just look at it and think "Wow what an awesome looking phone". Don't get the same feel with the iPhone 6 from the pics. Also, I know that is one of the silliest reasons to like/dislike a phone.

My dad preordered it. I'll get a feel for it and decide if I want it or not, probably going to stick with my 5S though. Still love the shape of the 5/5S the most. I don't know what it is but I sometimes just look at it and think "Wow what an awesome looking phone". Don't get the same feel with the iPhone 6 from the pics. Also, I know that is one of the silliest reasons to like/dislike a phone.
I don't think it's silly. There's a lot to be said for aesthetics, in my opinion, especially about something that you use intimately and frequently.

I really hope that they don't do away with the 5s size because I'm just not feeling those humongous case sizes. I'm hoping that iPad is a mini :eek:

I don't think it's silly. There's a lot to be said for aesthetics, in my opinion, especially about something that you use intimately and frequently.

I really hope that they don't do away with the 5s size because I'm just not feeling those humongous case sizes. I'm hoping that iPad is a mini :eek:

I really liked the look of my iPhone 5 when I had it, especially more when I would take the case off it and see it's sleekness and metal all around. It's weird, you KNOW what it looks like with the case on, but then you get to actually feel the cold metal and see the thought that went into creating it. Sappy...but I like that kind of thing.

I'm convinced the iPhone 6 looks nice in person, but I want to actually see it before I cast any decisions based on looks alone. From the videos and seeing it in people's hands, it looks OK. The plus looks like a hershey bar though...I guess I'm not the target audience for an overly tall and thin phone (Note 3 size is perfect IMO, and my favorite so far).

I was hoping for a substantial design change in the 6. Yes, it's thinner, but it basically looks like a bigger 5/5s. Those top and bottom bezels add so much excess size.

All I can say is FUCKKKKK Verizon's customer service @ their main store here. Can not believe the shit that went down with me a few days ago.

Needless to say, I ended up pre-ordering through a local Target store this past Friday. A regular 6 and 6+ for me. Target didn't quote me a date at all but the rep that helped me said she had worked with Target for 4 years and done all the apple launches this same way. She said I can personally tell you confidently that you'll get both this Friday because you were the 2nd person here to pre-order.

The problem with Target is they have a tendency to sell their stock to people who preordered, but not in the order the preorders were done. If they had 75 preorders and only get 25 phones, first 25 people to show up get the phones. That is how it works around here anyway, caused some upset people when the 5S launched.

Early bird might get the worm, so show up early.

Last edited:
The problem with Target is they have a tendency to sell their stock to people who preordered, but not in the order the preorders were done. If they had 75 preorders and only get 25 phones, first 25 people to show up get the phones. That is how it works around here anyway, caused some upset people when the 5S launched.

Early bird might get the worm, so show up early.

Thanks for the heads up bud, I plan to be there early regardless but yes, that is unsettling that they do that. Frickin down right retarded actually.

Thanks for the heads up bud, I plan to be there early regardless but yes, that is unsettling that they do that. Frickin down right retarded actually.
unless you're paying up front then there's no way to know who is actually going to come in and buy the device, though

or if you do pay up front, even then, I'm not sure of any store that literally holds stock depending on purchase order. but it's not usually an issue except for extremely high demand things like iPhone launches (I would assume console launches and certain game releases would also bump into this issue).

that said, it doesn't explain why they don't get enough stock to cover their pre-orders (only if you pay up front; if you don't pay up front then all bets are off as it's not even a purchase yet)

unless you're paying up front then there's no way to know who is actually going to come in and buy the device, though

or if you do pay up front, even then, I'm not sure of any store that literally holds stock depending on purchase order. but it's not usually an issue except for extremely high demand things like iPhone launches (I would assume console launches and certain game releases would also bump into this issue).

that said, it doesn't explain why they don't get enough stock to cover their pre-orders (only if you pay up front; if you don't pay up front then all bets are off as it's not even a purchase yet)

Target did not let me pay up front. All they did was make whoever was pre ordering get a $25 gift card that holds a phone for you and acts as a deposit along with a printed receipt stating that

Target did not let me pay up front. All they did was make whoever was pre ordering get a $25 gift card that holds a phone for you and acts as a deposit along with a printed receipt stating that
Then that makes sense they would't be holding phones for pre-orders in the order they asked for them.

It's frustrating when you go in and one isn't there for you because everyone else already came and got theirs, but if it was the other way around you'd be just as angry, or more angry, if you were standing there and they told you they couldn't sell you one because they didn't have stock but you watched three people come in and get theirs and leave simply because they "asked" for one a couple hours before you did last week.

I was hoping for a substantial design change in the 6. Yes, it's thinner, but it basically looks like a bigger 5/5s. Those top and bottom bezels add so much excess size.

Um… it looks very little like the iPhone 5s, aside from the layout of the front plate. The sides and back are totally different.

If anything, it harkens back to the original iPhone design.

Um… it looks very little like the iPhone 5s, aside from the layout of the front plate. The sides and back are totally different.

If anything, it harkens back to the original iPhone design.

Honestly, it just looks pretty much like a 5th gen iPod Touch (which I've personally always been a fan of the design)... just with antenna lines and curved front glass.

Our ship dates went down drastically today. My wifes Iphone 6 is shipped today, and my Iphone 6+ is supposed to ship by 10/2, instead of 11/27.

damn.... My status hasn't changed since I first ordered it :\

Shows 7-10 days to ship, delivered by 10/1-10/6

Well, this is an interesting scenario. The 128GB iPhone 6 that I canceled on Monday and is still listed on my T-M account as backordered... shipped today.

UPS will deliver it tomorrow.

W :confused: T :confused: F :confused:???

EDIT: Checked my bank account. I was charged. Time for a call to T-M customer service.

Last edited:
Mine is showing shipped.. I won't get it until Sunday because Verizon shipped it to my parents house. Such sad.

My AT&T preorder is listed as in process. Hasn't shipped yet, but I'm expecting the notice to arrive by tomorrow morning, since delivery date is listed as the 19th.

Back