iPhone Pre-order

/usr/home

Supreme [H]ardness
So what does pre-ordering actually do? Does it guarantee a phone when they are released from your Carrier?

It gets you in line for the shipments.

With the iPhone 4 launch for example, most were sold out and the list got to 6mo+ out for delivery.

This is also in Canada so things are a bit different. This if preordering with my carrier so I'm not quite sure how that works. I haven't heard back from them so was curious.

pre-ordering pretty much guarantees you will have one from the initial delivery to your carrier.
they only allow a set amount of pre-orders as well.

When I got both my 4S and 5S, I couldn't pre-order them since I have a special plan with Sprint so I had to order one on release day.
Ordered the 5S on Friday afternoon and got it Monday morning by Fed Ex.

I don't think you get it the first day, maybe in the first week though. Only way to get one day one is to camp out at a store (don't do it).

As long as you preorder quickly enough to get a reservation of the initial supply, you'll get your phone on the day of release.

I'll be getting the 6S Plus myself. I am not a baller and can't pay outright for a phone now, so I have to wait till next year.

Check the carrier preorder pages. I managed to get through via AT&T and placed a preorder for the 4.7" model, 64 GB, in silver.

I pre-ordered mine an hour ago through ATT.. 4.7" 64g space grey... the 5.5" would be nice for looking at stuff but I need to pocket this thing while I'm racking gear... I sat at the landing page that says you're in a line and it will auto refresh for about 20 mins maybe.. not too bad.

edit: just got my email:

Your Apple iPhone 6 (64GB Space Gray) has been reserved and is expected to arrive on or around 9/19/2014. Your iPhone has been reserved.

bing!

Last edited:
Sprints online store is still not ready.

It looks like they have some special plan, iPhone users pay $50/mo while non-iPhone users pay $60/mo
individuals.png

It looks like they have some special plan, iPhone users pay $50/mo while non-iPhone users pay $60/mo

Yep, Sprint under its new CEO is determined to catch more users through lower prices... and a $50 unlimited plan for new iPhone buyers might just work.

Ended up going through Verizon this morning. Had issues at 3am with users whom have a discounted corp. plan. Ended up going back to bed for 2 hours and got up and ordered it without any further issues. Expected delivery on the 19th, so no dealing with waiting in Lines this time for me.

I don't think you get it the first day, maybe in the first week though. Only way to get one day one is to camp out at a store (don't do it).

Hate to slightly derail the thread, but why not do it (other than the fact that it's annoying as hell). Is it because they may run out by the time you get to the front of the line? I've never waited for anything on release day, other than if I count walking into GameStop to grab the first FEAR game, but there was no line, so.

For the 5s, I just waited until later in the day. Every place sells out of the base phones but the rep I bought my phone from said they never have issues with selling out of the large storage ones (64GB for 5s and 128GB for the 6). Of course, this doesn't help if you want the 16GB version. I store a lot of pics and music and like to load up movies/tv shows when I travel. Wifi can be hit or miss in other parts of the world and I'm not ponying up for large roaming fees.

All I have to say is that this was a total debacle by Apple. Luckily I got up around 5:30 am and was able to order form Verizon. I am hoping I get my phone next Friday (19th) but I think if I selected 2 day that I wont get it until the 22nd.

While the apple store website didn't work, I was finally able to order my phone around 2:45 AM CST through the iOS app.

Got my wife an Iphone 6 that she'll get on launch date. Ordered myself a 6+ that is showing to take 2 to 3 weeks longer. And that was with me getting on at 2 a.m. and spending an 1 1/2 to get the order to go through. Oh well, her S3 and my Note 2 are both long in the tooth, so looking forward to a new phone.

Ordered via Verizon's page, delivery date "by" 10/7/14.

A pre orders makes sure you are stuck with a phone before you see real reviews and have a chance to make an informed decision. NEVER ever preorder anything.

individuals.png

Ya that is pretty messed up. Sprint is pissing me off to no end, first they charge $50 more than anyone else for galaxy devices. Now they are going to make cheaper plans if you buy an iphone. Dunno going to be considering moving when the note 4 releases if they don't have a deal for me.

A pre orders makes sure you are stuck with a phone before you see real reviews and have a chance to make an informed decision. NEVER ever preorder anything.

If you don't preorder it, you're possibly going to wait a month or more for it to be in stock, especially the Plus. If you preorder it and don't like it, sell it to someone else. If you're on iOS already, due for an upgrade and know you want to stay on iOS, it's not like there's much alternative besides the 6 and the 6+. Why exactly would you not preorder this if you want it? iOS is not like Android where you have half a dozen flagships to choose from when you upgrade.

Sounds like the perfect amount of time to allow reviews to come out and any possible problems to come to light...

Sounds like the perfect amount of time to allow reviews to come out and any possible problems to come to light...

Do you know something the rest of us don't? (Tell me so I can sell some stock. :p)

if I were preordering this phone I'd shoot for the high capacity models because theyre high capacity and mostly everyone on the planet will be shopping based on price which means the 16gb models will be low quantity until after January

If you pre-order (or just purchase when available) and you don't like it, there's this wonderful little thing called a return policy. It gives you a 14 to 30 day period in which to send/take back the phone and get an even more wonderful little thing called a refund.

From where? iPhone 6 shipping times are being measured in weeks. This isn't an Android product launch.
Speaking of which, this morning, I received a text from T-Mobile informing me that my pre-order was on "indefinite backorder" and I'd be notified when more information was available. I'll bet phone geeks across the country are on suicide watch after receiving similar messages. :p

I just preordered from att corporate store the 6+ 64gb grey about an hour ago. The sales rep could not tell me my ship date. The receipt has a order status number that I called and I found out that my ship date is between nov 9 and nov 27th. Seems to me the sales rep didn't want to tell me the ship date.

November already? holy crap thats a bummer. I gotta say I feel for those sales reps - they probably get yelled at all day for things they can't control.

wow... glad I stayed up and pre-ordered mine during the ground zero madness..

I ordered my 6+ from AT&T right at release and my confirmation email shows a ship date of November 9th to 27th. Not happy.
I wouldn't get worked up over it. My 9/12 T-Mobile order confirmation receipt lists 9/19 as the estimated ship date, 9/26 as estimated delivery date. Less than 24 hours later, T-M sent a text stating my 6 was on indefinite backorder and I'd be contacted again when more info was available. Not at all surprising. At least I won't be charged until it ships.

I wouldn't get worked up over it. My 9/12 T-Mobile order confirmation receipt lists 9/19 as the estimated ship date, 9/26 as estimated delivery date. Less than 24 hours later, T-M sent a text stating my 6 was on indefinite backorder and I'd be contacted again when more info was available. Not at all surprising. At least I won't be charged until it ships.
I assume you arent using the JUMP program to finance? Since they are prioritizing them over their other customers...

Sounds assholish to me.

Pre orders are treated differently than in store direct sales. Last year when ordering the 5s I had the option to pre order before release or buy one in the store on release day. I was able to walk into the store and buy one on release day, not the more awesome gold one but the white one.

Back