iPhone OS 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vage

2[H]4U
Anyone else see this? Looks like we may be able to do MMS earlier than expected. I am installing it right now, lets see what I can do.

Wait maybe I'm confused, I guess this update came out a little while ago, and I thought I had installed it but I guess I never did, which is why I thought this was another newer one.

I've got 3.1 on my iPhone, but still can't MMS. If your phone is unlocked, then don't upgrade to 3.1 because it re-locks the phone. As of today, there's still no way to overcome this problem. I found out too late. :mad:

Yup, if you jailbreak or unlock your phone, especially if you have a 3gs, DO NOT upgrade as it may be impossible to do so in the future. As always, wait until the dev team gives the ok.

As for mms, it won't be until the 25th. Afaik, it will be a carrier update, not a firmware update

Yeah this was my mistake. I saw something online that reported that some people in the US on AT&T are getting MMS activated early, and there is no real pattern. So I couldn't do it, went to see if there was an update, saw it but didn't look closely, and made this thread. So yeah to update, 3.1 is an older update, I still can't MMS.

The 3.1 update is from the 10th of september :) Like I said, it will be (afaik) a carrier update through itunes to enable it. I believe some people are having luck with swirlymms but haven't tried it.

But remember, do not update if you plan on staying jailbroken (or using a jailbreak in the future). Apple has disabled the ability to downgrade to 3.0 or 3.0.1... so once you upgrade to 3.1, you're stuck with it.

Yeah this was my mistake. I saw something online that reported that some people in the US on AT&T are getting MMS activated early, and there is no real pattern. So I couldn't do it, went to see if there was an update, saw it but didn't look closely, and made this thread. So yeah to update, 3.1 is an older update, I still can't MMS.

MMS is supposed to be coming on 9/25.

Closing this thread to save the OP from the horde ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back