• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

iPhone OS 3.1.3 & Jailbreaking

Ntee

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 31, 2010
Messages
135
Although not quite the same OS as the iPad, this update did provide some bug fixtures. For those of you with jailbroken phones, it was at first advised not to update since you might lose the ability to jailbreak your phone with the new OS but it can now be confirmed that the hack does work for the new OS.

Source:
http://mygadgetnews.com/2010/02/03/redsn0w-0-9-2-can-jailbreak-iphone-os-3-1-3-devteam-update/

Supposedly, the iPhone 3G has not been confirmed. Was wondering if any of the Hardforum.com users have given it a go? I am wondering whether or not I should update my phone.
 
I think the bug fixes aren't that important or worthy of chancing it. I'm sure in time, it'll be tested and a proper jailbreak will be available for 3.1.3. I'm just hoping 4.0 fixes issues that doesn't require jailbreaking :):ahem:: multiple apps running at the same time).
 
I'd hold out, and suggest you do the same. Looks like redsn0w v0.9.4 will work on older models, that being said, if you have a 3GS steer clear for now.
 
Some people lost all their contact if you update to 3.1.3

Make sure you save it in Itune!!
 
It took far too long for blackra1n to develop a reliable JB for the 3GS 3.1, so I'm sticking with it. I won't consider any OS update 'til 4.0... and won't do it then if there's no JB solution.
 
Well it does work with up to 3.1.2 so you'd be safe at least updating to that..
 
Yeah, you'd update in iTunes by finding the 3.1.2 download online and holding shift or option when clicking 'check for updates' to select the 3.1.2 file, then run Blackra1n to jailbreak it. I don't personally jailbreak, but I've got a few friends with unlocked phones that use me for support so I do it pretty often haha.
 
If you unlock or have a 3GS do NOT upgrade.

I believe George Hotz won't fix it for 3.1.3.

He warn everyone not to update.

No kidding. Last I heard, he was massively pissed off that everyone was screaming MAEK UNTETHERED!!1one! at him and has decided to quit iPhone hacking altogether. Which is a shame, I liked his unlock implementation better than the Dev Team's.
 
aNo kidding. Last I heard, he was massively pissed off that everyone was screaming MAEK UNTETHERED!!1one! at him and has decided to quit iPhone hacking altogether. Which is a shame, I liked his unlock implementation better than the Dev Team's.

George Hotz said...
And I'll repeat this one more time, I have no plans to work on an untethered jailbreak. I don't know who, if anyone, is, or if/when it'll be released.

So I don't think he quit doing jailbreaking but he won't do a untethered jailbreak, Which sucks. :(
 
I have a 3G iphone and will be attempting a jailbreak on 3.1.3 tonight with the RC of blackra1n. I'll let you guys know if I run into any difficulties.
 
I have a 3G iphone and will be attempting a jailbreak on 3.1.3 tonight with the RC of blackra1n. I'll let you guys know if I run into any difficulties.

Is there a new release out? If not, you're leading yourself to frustration.
 
My iPhone crashed yesterday and wouldn't boot. Sadly, I had to restore and updated to 3.1.3 in the process. Now to wait until something is available to jailbreak it with the new 05.12.01 baseband. :-(
 
morgrar,

You can downgrade if need be. Find the 3.1.2 .ipsw install files online (for a 3GS it is about 300mb) and save it to your drive. You'll also need to find some v8 iTunes download and reinstall(make sure to backup the data for the library). Go into iTunes, and "Shift + <click>" the 'restore' button and select the .ipsw file previously downloaded.
 
morgrar,

You can downgrade if need be. Find the 3.1.2 .ipsw install files online (for a 3GS it is about 300mb) and save it to your drive. You'll also need to find some v8 iTunes download and reinstall(make sure to backup the data for the library). Go into iTunes, and "Shift + <click>" the 'restore' button and select the .ipsw file previously downloaded.

Even if the baseband has been updated? It's now at 05.12.01.
 
For the 3G you should be able to downgrade. You can only downgrade a 3GS if you had saved your signed key on Saurik's server yesterday or the day before. If not you are out of luck until the next jailbreak, which isn't likely to happen until 4.0. I also don't see any reason why people are trying to upgrade to 3.1.3 since it doesn't do anything besides break the jailbreak, because those release notes are laughable.
 
For the 3G you should be able to downgrade. You can only downgrade a 3GS if you had saved your signed key on Saurik's server yesterday or the day before. If not you are out of luck until the next jailbreak, which isn't likely to happen until 4.0. I also don't see any reason why people are trying to upgrade to 3.1.3 since it doesn't do anything besides break the jailbreak, because those release notes are laughable.

Gotcha. I'll give that a shot at some point this weekend. Thanks.

I didn't want to upgrade to 3.1.3. Silly iPhone/iTunes/Restore/late-night-and-needed-a-working-phone-by-morning. Haha.
 
Man, I'll search for a guide that explains everything and people can use as reference. People seem to have alot of questions on this topic.
 
My iPhone crashed yesterday and wouldn't boot. Sadly, I had to restore and updated to 3.1.3 in the process. Now to wait until something is available to jailbreak it with the new 05.12.01 baseband. :-(

What iPhone do you have?

2G?
3G?
3GS?
 
My iPhone crashed yesterday and wouldn't boot. Sadly, I had to restore and updated to 3.1.3 in the process. Now to wait until something is available to jailbreak it with the new 05.12.01 baseband. :-(

In the future, do this instead:

http://www.saurik.com/id/12
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
I dug up some info for iPhone users that might be helpful. Dropping the link bomb!

Jailbreaking a 3.1.3 iPhone on a Mac:

http://mygadgetnews.com/2010/02/08/jailbreak-iphone-and-itouch-os-3-1-3-with-pwnagetool-3-1-5/

Jailbreaking a 3.1.3 iPhone on Windows:

[Using Redsn0w] http://mygadgetnews.com/2010/02/03/jailbreak-iphone-and-ipod-touch-os-3-1-3-with-redsn0w-0-9-4/

[Using sn0wbreeze] http://mygadgetnews.com/2010/02/05/jailbreak-your-iphone-os-3-1-3-with-sn0wbreeze/

(I'd personally recommend sn0wbreeze as it is new and a very simple method)

Interested in resorting 3.1.2 for whatever reason? Hit the following links:

[Windows] http://mygadgetnews.com/2010/02/08/restore-iphone-3gs-to-3-1-2-windows/
[Mac] http://mygadgetnews.com/2010/02/08/restore-iphone-3gs-to-3-1-2-mac/


Hope I was of help to some of you. :)
 
To be sure everyone understands.
IMPORTANT


&#8226;Don&#8217;t go near this if you have 3GS, newer iPod Touch 2G, or any iPod Touch 3G.
&#8226;If you depend on unlocking the iPhone, avoid this guide. The new Firmware 3.1.3 updates the Baseband to 05.12.01.
&#8226;This guide is for iPhone 2G and those iPhone 3G users ONLY (No unlock method available).
 
Actually:

If you own an iPhone 3GS, please note that Sn0wBreeze 3.1.3 only supports non-MC Models with older bootrom and plus if you have already upgraded 3GS to OS 3.1.3 you’re still out of luck. Currently there’s no support for newer iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 3G.

Check your models if you own a 3GS.
 
I know it's only been a few days, but does anyone have any word on jailbreaking the new Itouch's running 3.1.3? I just picked it up, and I made the mistake of updating right as I got it. (I know I can reverse it, but i'd rather not)
 
There is no way to jailbreak an iTouch running 3.1.3 unless you have the SHSH saved on Cydia (which I am going to assume you don't since you just mentioned you picked it up recently.) There is a possible way to extract the files needed onto a local computer and do it but I am not clear as to how to do it just yet. If I get any information, I'll toss you a pm and/or reply in this forum thread.
 
Although it isn't the iTouch, there is more news on being able to jailbreak the new 3.1.3 OS for those who have a newer baseband. It isn't released just yet but an exploit has been found that will hopefully allow for a release soon. This also means that jailbreaking the iTouch shouldn't be too far away either. Found the news here.
 
Although it isn't the iTouch, there is more news on being able to jailbreak the new 3.1.3 OS for those who have a newer baseband. It isn't released just yet but an exploit has been found that will hopefully allow for a release soon. This also means that jailbreaking the iTouch shouldn't be too far away either. Found the news here.

Right, but in doing so, Apple banned his ID from accessing the app store, so there seems to be an issue with the new exploits and Apple actually being somewhat vigilant on preventing further jailbreaking.

Read here: http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news/700876-apple-giving-iphone-hackers-boot-itunes.html
 
I saw that from the same site. The guy actually found the exploit after logging on to iTunes only to find himself banned. I guess it wasn't a bad thing as this exploit might not have been found otherwise or might not have been found as soon. It gave the person incentive to screw Apple and help the community even more! lol
 
I saw that from the same site. The guy actually found the exploit after logging on to iTunes only to find himself banned. I guess it wasn't a bad thing as this exploit might not have been found otherwise or might not have been found as soon. It gave the person incentive to screw Apple and help the community even more! lol

Haha, well, whatever it takes then! I haven't even bothered to re-jailbreak since the 3.1.3 update, even though I'm tempted to every day. I just want the 4th gen to come out already.
 
Back
Top