iPhone Email Help

pc1x1

[H]ard|Gawd
I set up my email, and it works fine, through IMAP, but its downloading all my messages. All my old mail, etc. Is there a way so it only downloads the new stuff? I started manually deleted them, but then it deleted everything off my real inbox as well due to IMAP. Is there a way so it only downloads NEW emails? Thanks!

That part is fine, but I don't want 1000 emails on my inbox. I am using an AOL IMAP address. And also when I view an email it still shows as if I didn't read it, its very confusing. I want it IMAP, but on my inbox, I only want new emails, nothing else. Thats my problem at the moment.

ps. What I mean, I have 1 email on my inbox. Using the aol service, but when I sync on my iphone, it downloads 1000.

On the exchange accounts I use at least there is a "Mail days to sync" setting that does what you want in the Mail account settings on the iPhone.

For POP/IMAP these settings don't exist.It is going to grab everything in your inbox.

For Exchange accounts you can manually set this.

On the exchange accounts I use at least there is a "Mail days to sync" setting that does what you want in the Mail account settings on the iPhone.
Yea I don't see anything similar
For POP/IMAP these settings don't exist.It is going to grab everything in your inbox.

For Exchange accounts you can manually set this.

The problem is, I have 1 email on my mailbox, but it downloads, 1000. I still unsure why.

there is a setting on your mail options to only pull the recent 25 messages up to 200. It shouldn't pull more than that unless you tell it to show more.

I notice you said sync are you syncing your mail via itunes? then it will sync everything from your mail application.

Back