iPhone Dead Pixel Line

RX3

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Jan 12, 2007
Messages
1,645
So, my iPhone (ORIGINAL "2G") is slowly being consumed by dead pixels :eek: It is out of warranty, it has the speaker falling out, the vibration function is broken and it has dings all over it making it look like the surface of the moon! This might push me to buy a new one before the 4th gen comes out unfortunately...

It started with a blob of dead pixels then slowly grew to a horizontal line across the screen by the end of a day. At the rate it is going it wont be for a while until it is all consumed, but I am trying to stopt it!

I have fixed a few dead pixels on LCD monitors and I read that massaging the screen is the consensus for the iPhone as well. I found this link:

http://www.timwasson.com/blog/Fixing_Dead_Pixels_on_the_iPhone.html

I am trying the pixelmetrist in conjunction with rubbing the screen with a cap of a pen/sharpie.

Anyone have experience with this happening? I will update if anything works.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the links. I put my model description in the thread.

I am not sure if it is worth the money right now to buy a replacement screen seeing that mine might survive to see the 4th Gen.
 
Worst case scenario, get a cheap prepay phone and suffer for a few weeks. I would NOT get a 3GS right now, with the G4 and other phones coming out this summer.
 
Yeah, I would use an old phone or something.

Update: I do not have any pictures of my phone to show, but I was able to get rid of about half of the line running across my screen. I will try pixelmetrist next over night.

At least I prevented the infection from taking over my screen! :)
 
Back
Top