iPhone Audio Connection

aaronearles

[H]ard|Gawd
I want to use my iPhone in my car. I have a 2003 Lincoln LS8, with a radio that has no inputs, and I'm not willing to spend $140 on an adapter. It does have a mute button, which I am more than willing to manually push to answer a call, some people are not lol.

I want to be able to listen to music through all car speakers, and make phone calls through the speakers as well, with a separate mic. I realize my only option is an FM transmitter, but have read that any ipod dock fm transmitter requires the phone to be placed in airplane mode.

Is my only option splicing wires to get audio out to a regular old fm transmitter and place it in the back window nearest my antenna but inside the cabin, and splice the audio input to a mic which I can route to a convenient location.

I want the ipod to charge, and a dock would be the nicest, but from what I can tell, calls are not made through the dock, but music is, and I'm not sure if the line-out on the provided dock includes a mic wire. If there was any way to make calls go through the apple dock that came with the phone, it would be perfect for me.

Anybody able to just dock and call/jam in the car?

Back