Iphone at Verizon!

If you can prove me wrong, feel free to.

I already have, you chose to ignore the obvious.

ATT uses one set of cell tech, Verizon uses another. The two phones have different hardware in them to talk to the different types of networks INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO A DIFFERENT ANTENNA, one just for ATT, the other just for Verizon. ATT uses SIM cards, Verizon does not.

Two different phone models!

Thank you and have a nice day. :)

I already have, you chose to ignore the obvious.

ATT uses one set of cell tech, Verizon uses another. The two phones have different hardware in them to talk to the different types of networks INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO A DIFFERENT ANTENNA, one just for ATT, the other just for Verizon. ATT uses SIM cards, Verizon does not.

Two different phone models!

Thank you and have a nice day. :)

I think what we have is a difference in how one would describe a "difference device". To me the changes made between the two phone versions does not require calling it a different device. For all intents and purposes they are the exact same phone, with modifications to run on different networks. It doesn't seem like enough of a change to call it a different device. Now does it seem like enough of a change to bother bringing it up as any sort of possibility that Apple would both staggering its release window for the two carriers. Its not like they have to make two radically different phones and since there is no carrier crapware they don't even have to do anything with iOS on either as the new version of iOS coming out with the Verizon iPhone 4 will have CDMA support.

Free tethering is a dream, and only at. No way will they make it free. But believe me, im with you saying that would be the shit.

Im just waiting for some pricing plans before i pre order.

Worth noting that Verizon is also going to cell CDMA-equipped iPads.

I’m rubbing my hands at this announcement. Let’s see how Verizon handles the influx of iPhone owners, and let’s see how AT&T’s network handles with a lighter load.

Worth noting that Verizon is also going to cell CDMA-equipped iPads.

I’m rubbing my hands at this announcement. Let’s see how Verizon handles the influx of iPhone owners, and let’s see how AT&T’s network handles with a lighter load.

Mhm. They're predicting something like 12 million iPhone users to hit Verizon's network within the year, be really interesting to see what happens. They're handling Android pretty well, but thats a pretty steady increase if they get a massive influx of new users right away things could be bad.

Part of the reason I highly doubt Verizon will hold up to these unlimited data rumors...

The iphone will have unlimited data because it's just another 3g phone. When 4g devices start rolling out they'll probably go to limited.

Back