iphone Apps for Web linking

sprak74

Gawd
Since I don't have a data plan for my iphone, I'm using yahoo mail on edge for free. So, I was wondering is there any apps that let me create an icon for springboard and have that icon link to the yahoo mail? Instead of going through safari and then just hit the icon and it'll just take to yahoo mail. Thanks.

Most likely, but you're still going to be using data just to access
your e-mail. It shouldn't be a lot though to merit a data plan if its just text and minimal use. !ut minimal can vary user to user. :-/

The problem is that I don't talk much on the phone. Right now, I'm on T-mobile prepaid and 400 minute which last me for about 3 1/2 months, so buying a plan from t-mobile with a data plan would be over $50 with 500 minutes. I would be wasting a lot of minutes and money. Anyway, there are a bunch of free mobile site that is free through edge, so I'm going to take advantage of it. Right now, I got yahoo mail, accuweather, traffic report and ebay.

just want to say A+ for using an iphone on a prepaid card.

as for your problem, i dont think there is a legitimate solution. but not sure.

You can bookmark the Yahoo mail page, and add that bookmark right to the springboard. I used to have quite a few bookmarks done that way.

You can bookmark the Yahoo mail page, and add that bookmark right to the springboard. I used to have quite a few bookmarks done that way.

How would I go about this? Is it a program I need to get for the iphone?

No, you just add the bookmark, and it gives you an option to add it to the springboard. let me find a tutorial, it's been about 7 months since I did it, and I don't have an iphone anymore.

OK, go to a webpage, hit the + sign, and instead of "add bookmark", select "add to home screen". There you go.

OK, go to a webpage, hit the + sign, and instead of "add bookmark", select "add to home screen". There you go.

I'm alway adding bookmarks, but I guess I overlooked "add to home screen". Thanks for the info.

Back