• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

iPhone 5s protective cases?

masteraleph

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 22, 2005
Messages
435
Looking for a case that will best protect an iPhone 5s, preferably with the ability to still use the new fingerprint features.

Otterbox Defender and Commuter have been updated, but there are some complaints about the Defender that I've seen out there (specifically that there's not no bezel protection in order to accommodate the button).

Griffin Survivor claims compatibility, but then says they're not sure it'll work with the fingerprint feature.

There doesn't seem to be a Lifeproof case out, yet.

Any other suggestions for a 5s case? If not, Defender or Commuter for the 5s?
 
FYI I have an otterbox like case on my 4S its actually a ibattz with battery backup in it, but it looks just like a otterbox, that new fancy swipe up menu on the bottom is practically impossible to use with my case i dont even bother, swiping top down is still fine though.....
 
I subscribed to the lifecase to see when the 5s with TouchID comes out.
 
Any case I strongly suggest taking extra 10 minutes and looking up Youtube reviews / unboxing videos for. Saved me from getting a Lifeproof case. When I saw the screen protector rainbow / wave as well as the extreme audio issue, I was glad I didn't have to bother with return / RMA process.
 
Any case I strongly suggest taking extra 10 minutes and looking up Youtube reviews / unboxing videos for. Saved me from getting a Lifeproof case. When I saw the screen protector rainbow / wave as well as the extreme audio issue, I was glad I didn't have to bother with return / RMA process.

Did you settle on an alternative?
 
Did you settle on an alternative?

I've tried so many. Bumpers / cases / waterproof / etc etc and sadly the only real case that gives me what I need is the Otterbox Defender. Best protection for me if you can handle your phone looking like a spare tire. Forgot about having a thin phone and expect it to pull every pocket inside out when you remove it from your phone.
 
Looks like he has a glass screen protector

Not trying to be a dummy or smart ass but what do you mean 'glass'? Like he's not using a screen protector as the glass is the iPhone case or did he buy some glass overlapping screen protector for his the phone?
 
In case anyone's curious-

I've been convinced (especially since it's being given as a present) to eventually go for a lifeproof case, once one that supports the 5s comes out. In the mean time, I picked up an Otterbox Commuter for $21.99, from Newegg, which had the cheapest price for something in a reasonable- i.e. not hot pink- color.
 
I never understood why Otterbox cases always looks so ass, i never liked the look of any of there cases and that new one ugggg just fugly. Now Spigen never tried one of there's but I might when the 6 comes out there cases look nice even the hybrid one is pretty slick and doesnt break the bank.
 
Back
Top