iPhone 5 rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobusta1

2[H]4U
http://www.iphonedownloadblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/iPhone-5-Rumors-Complete-Infrographic-e1300898196990.jpeg[/I
[URL="http://www.iphonedownloadblog.com/2011/03/23/infographic-the-complete-iphone-5-rumor-roundup/"]Source.[/URL]

The biggest things I'm looking forward to that seem like they might be a possibility are: bigger screen, more ram (512 is very limited now imo), faster CPU, better camera and most of all iOS 5. I would say I'm lookin forward to iOS 5 the most. I really hope we get an overhauled notification system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Internals leaked:

http://www.iphonedownloadblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/leaked-iPhone-5-parts-1-e1300891438666.jpeg[/I
[IMG]http://www.iphonedownloadblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/leaked-iPhone-5-parts-2-e1300891501398.jpeg[/I
[IMG]http://www.iphonedownloadblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/leaked-iPhone-5-parts-3-e1300891559988.jpeg[/I

[QUOTE]
[B]Color:[/B]

“Indicative of these parts, the fifth-generation iPhone will have color options: black or white. This isn’t all too surprising – seeing we’re seeing a white iPhone 4 soon – but it’s still worth mentioning for fans of white devices.”

[B]Home button:[/B]

“Some rumors from earlier this year pointed to future iPhones lacking physical home buttons. The dock connector for the iPhone 5 seems to refute all that as the home button connector is present on the piece.”

[B]Headphone jack:[/B]

“It’s redesigned. Although the redesign of an internal part that the consumer will never see does not seem exciting, the engineering aspect of it certainly does. The connection piece to the iPhone’s motherboard usually sits at the top of the cable but on the next iPhone, it sits on the middle of the cable.”
[/QUOTE]

I would hate not having a physical home button so I hope they do not remove that. A bigger screen would be awesome though.

I would hate not having a physical home button so I hope they do not remove that. A bigger screen would be awesome though.

Same.
The home button keeps you in contact physically with the phone in a way (if you get what i mean).
Bigger screen would be good, i find browsing on the iphone hard at its current size, if it were only a little bigger it would ok for me.

I am really hoping the next one is 4G and a slightly bigger screen would be a plus too.

Looks like they are still behind. Went from the 3gs to the evo and it looks like my phone will still be more advanced than the iPhone 5.

Looks like they are still behind. Went from the 3gs to the evo and it looks like my phone will still be more advanced than the iPhone 5.

how do you mean more advanced

the iPhone 5 should destroy the Evo 4G

No storage? Say what?

If these things go to a no storage system for the device then they will have to start putting sd card slots in them which I don't feel like apple wants to do any time soon. But maybe Im wrong.

Either way there are still way too many situations where you need onboard storage in a phone.

I wouldn't mind an 8gb iPhone with an sd slot but I just don't think apple will let it happen for a while.

No storage? Say what?

If these things go to a no storage system for the device then they will have to start putting sd card slots in them which I don't feel like apple wants to do any time soon. But maybe Im wrong.

Either way there are still way too many situations where you need onboard storage in a phone.

I wouldn't mind an 8gb iPhone with an sd slot but I just don't think apple will let it happen for a while.

The whole no storage bit is from the rumor that apple might be headed towards cloud commuting. While I like this idea I don't think it would be feasible at this point in time. Even if we get a 4g radio in the iPhone 5 the latency would still be a HUGE problem when trying to access data on a cloud. I think there is a 0% chance of Apple going into full scale cloud commuting (meaning zero phone storage except for the OS itself) and 50% chance of Apple going on a small scale. Mobile Me is already free so I believe we will something similar to dropbox only it will more fully and better integrated in out phones.

I actually think that will be pretty cool.:)

Higher resolution? Seems ridiculous. Unless they make the screen bigger in only the vertical dimension and count the extra rows of pixels as higher rez. On a PPI basis, I think it'll be a long time before we see more than the Retina Display. After all, it would be pointless for 90%+ of users.

Hitachi has a 1280x800 4.5" IPS lcd screen ready for later this year. Which ever phone adapts it first, I'll get it.

The iPhone 4 already destroys the Evo 4G in every single category except for the fact that it has a 4g radio.

Would you care to explain.

I

That's a great graphic I hadn't seen yet.. especially like the percentage as a likeliness. (Slide out keyboard.. riiight..) Only thing we can probably confirm is the date of release, September right? I got two iPhones in the family and a contract coming up for renewal. Might make one of them an Android, for the heck of it, and one an iPhone 4 or 5.

We're not going to go through the trolling and flaming crap here guys.

Read the damn sticky.

Lets get back on topic.

Looks like the iPhone 5 may not be shipped with iOS 5.

Bummer if this has any truth

i really would like this to be released around June. I believe the Bionic is going to be released right before that. I am going to get a new phone around June, i really want to try out andriod but i have so much invested in apple, Hell i bet i have over $150 in apps!

Lets get back on topic.

Looks like the iPhone 5 may not be shipped with iOS 5.

Bummer if this has any truth

That is a very strange rumor. I would think Apple would just delay the iPhone5 itself too and release wiry iOS5 installed from scratch. Seems word to launch a brand new next generation phone running the same old software from the older phones.

When a moderator locks your thread, you do not re-open it. That is an abuse of your subscriber privileges and has earned you a vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back