iPhone 5 concept??

bpizzle1

Supreme [H]ardness
Link

Same pics can be found all over the place, but I thought this site had the best gallery. The first thing I thought when I saw this concept was, "If this is anything like what the real iPhone 5 looks like, no wonder Apple has been so pissy over the Samsung phones." This thing literally looks a Galaxy Nexus with iOS on the screen. It looks so similar to some of the early GN concepts, that I'm pretty sure this is probably completely wrong, but it's still intriguing to see.

Last edited:
So it's going to be like their mouse... doubt it. The style on the current phone is GREAT, i can imagine it getting thinner though.

that concept has nothing to do with Apple AFAIK. It's just some italian guy's rendering of what it could look like.

that concept has nothing to do with Apple AFAIK. It's just some italian guy's rendering of what it could look like.

Correct. He took a bunch of the rumors floating around and drew this concept up based in them. Obviously, this isnt what the real phone will look like, but if some of the rumors are true, then it may look similar.

Correct. He took a bunch of the rumors floating around and drew this concept up based in them. Obviously, this isnt what the real phone will look like, but if some of the rumors are true, then it may look similar.

oh right on. I'll tell ya, I wouldn't mind if they changed it back to a more curved design. The current design on the 4/4S is really nice looking, but it's really awkward to hold in landscape mode without a case IMO. The 3/3G, while uglier, were a lot better in that regard.

iPhone is now a phone for grannies and teens.

and those who want their phone to have the latest version of the OS as soon as it is released, no bullshit, no crapware, with the largest selection of applications of all the platforms

As has my GS2.... Dropped it 9 feet onto pavement, without any case. Only got 1 scratch, screen is fine (which it landed on).

Some thing i noticed as well. Lots of iphoners with smashed screens I guess a decent amount of phones with gorilla glass helps keep the android population from having that problem.

It doesn't matter what it looks like......the apple heads will buy it because they are the cool kids.

I kinda like it as a concept, but not as much as the "Mini-iPad" design that's floating around. Oddly enough the reason I like this design is the bulk it gives the phone. Don't get me wrong, I don't want a huge brick of a handset to lug around, but something I noticed with my old Galaxy S is that, for me at least, thin form factor phones are a little hard to hold onto. I've since moved to an Xperia Play that is almost twice as thick as the G-S, and it's a lot easier to manipulate and hold onto. Don't mind the extra bulge in my pants (no dodgy).

No joke, but that is the God's honest truth.

Myself and all guys near my age that are nerds all own Android or Windows phones, not one of them own an iPhone anymore, well except for the few gay dudes I know. But my young nephews and nieces in High School all own iPhone's, and the women I know, Milf's and old ladies pretty much all own iPhone's.

Wrap it up the iPhone is for teens, Milf's, Grandparents, and gays. Not the [H]ard user.

Last edited:
and those who want their phone to have the latest version of the OS as soon as it is released, no bullshit, no crapware, with the largest selection of applications of all the platforms

I agree, that is why the "Nexus" is the best phone. I love my Galaxy-Nexus too.

No joke, but that is the God's honest truth. I am 38yrs old tech geek, all guys near my age that are nerds all own Android or Windows phones, not one of them own an iPhone anymore, well except for the few gay dudes I know, but they all did couple years ago, but not lately. But my young nephews and nieces in High School all own iPhone's, and the women I know, Milf's and old ladies pretty much all own iPhone's.

Wrap it up the iPhone is for teens, Milf's, Grandparents, and gays. Not the [H]ard user.
The iPhone: for teens, grannies, milfs, and gays! :p

The iPhone: for teens, grannies, milfs, and gays! :p

LOL, but that's the truth. Apple should market it that way, oh wait they already do. :D

Teens = brand name and advertising means everything to them, all the cool kids have an iPhone. They don't know any better at that age, how they are being played
Grannies = Too old to mess around with anything too complicated, the iPhone is the smart-dumb-phone
Milf's = Too busy banging their neighbors, and working + managing kids schedule. No time for an Android phone, iPhone "It just works"
Gays = They like the fruity stuff :)

Last edited:

I agree but unfortunately it still blows any android away unless you need the larger screen. I'm no fanboy. I'm a techie like all of you and I really wanted to like Android. It sucks to have the same device as my wife and mother but Android has yet to release a worthy competitor.

I get over it by jailbreaking - which allows me to customize and set myself apart from the grannies and teens!

I agree but unfortunately it still blows any android away !

Curious, how exactly does it "blow away any Android phone" ?

I used to own the iPhone1 and 3G, great phones for their time, but with newer Android phones like the Galaxy S2 and Galaxy-Nexus that is just not the case anymore. But have to give you props for Jailbreaking, your a cool cat if you jailbreak, that does make a world of difference for an iPhone. A stock iPhone is miserable.

Curious, how exactly does it "blow away any Android phone" ?

I used to own the iPhone1 and 3G, great phones for their time, but with newer Android phones like the Galaxy S2 and Galaxy-Nexus that is just not the case anymore. But have to give you props for Jailbreaking, your a cool cat if you jailbreak, that does make a world of difference for an iPhone. A stock iPhone is miserable.

Basically the slickness of the user experience, touchscreen and the Apps.
Both iPhone and Android do basically the same thing these days. So it boils down to how they do it. Apple is simply more polished.
As I said, with a jailbreak and couple of tweaks it makes owning the iPhone bearable.

Still, nobody is ever going to win an Apple argument on this forum!

Basically the slickness of the user experience, touchscreen and the Apps.
Both iPhone and Android do basically the same thing these days. So it boils down to how they do it. Apple is simply more polished.
As I said, with a jailbreak and couple of tweaks it makes owning the iPhone bearable.

Still, nobody is ever going to win an Apple argument on this forum!

I agree, a jailbreaked iPhone4S is a pretty nice device. But it NEEDS that jailbreak to be so much better. But for me it is one simple thing, the tiny wristwatch 3.5" sized screen is just way too small. I like to read news + tech sites while doing my duty :D The Galaxy-Nexus phone is much easier to view websites.

I would be open to going back to an iPhone if they ever wake up and offer a larger screen, and not just 4", it would need to be at least 4.3", which I have heard could be true, rumors last Fall that LG was in talks with Apple for making a 4.3" sized OLED screen for a future device. Maybe that could be for the iPhone5.

Why can't Apple offer a choice ? Keep the 3.5" size for all the fans, but offer a larger 4.3" screen phone for those who may want it ?

Ouch, as someone who has owned every iphone I'm pretty sure only the last two words there apply to me.
But I do agree I have been jailbreaking forever just to get things the way I want them.
I don't know why but android phones just don't do much for me, must be why I'm waiting for a 4.7+ inch screen Windows phone to come to Rogers Canada before I sell my my ip4. My hands are simply too big for this thing and have been forever.
Also don't want to lose all my iApps so an iPad3 must be in my soon future as well...

I agree, that is why the "Nexus" is the best phone. I love my Galaxy-Nexus too.

My & my Nexus S agree

I agree but unfortunately it still blows any android away

Android 2.x wasnt as polished as iOS, but the fact that in its vanilla form it was still more user friendly for anyone without stock in Apple. Android 4.0 is however VERY polished & smooth even on my single core phone. There is absolutely no advantage to the iPhone unless you just want to look cool & be part of the "in" crowd.

Link

Same pics can be found all over the place, but I thought this site had the best gallery. The first thing I thought when I saw this concept was, "If this is anything like what the real iPhone 5 looks like, no wonder Apple has been so pissy over the Samsung phones." This thing literally looks a Galaxy Nexus with iOS on the screen. It looks so similar to some of the early GN concepts, that I'm pretty sure this is probably completely wrong, but it's still intriguing to see.

Yes I find the current design the best. I would prefer same design for next generation iPhone with a bigger screen.

Anything thinner that that will be hard to operate. I find my wife's GS-2's super slim body has poor grip when taking pictures.

concepts always look so nice...

Yeah, there were some pretty nice concept images of last year's iPhone and we ended up getting something that looked like the previous model.

At this point it wouldn't surprise me if they release "The new iPhone" and it ends up not looking all that different than a 4S.

Yes I find the current design the best. I would prefer same design for next generation iPhone with a bigger screen.

Anything thinner that that will be hard to operate. I find my wife's GS-2's super slim body has poor grip when taking pictures.

That's true I feel phones are as about as thin as they can be without actually losing holding capabilities. I tried the lumia 800 for a bit. Pics make it seems like it's too thick compared to slimmer androids. But in your hands, actually holding the phone, was the best thing ever. I mean best.

That iphone 5 concept is hideous.

After having my droid X for nearly two years it was nice to move to a phone that just worked out of the box, no tinkering, no roms, no hacking, just press a button and it does what its supposed to. I only ask four things out of a phone:
1. Good Battery life
2. Just works™
3. Must be dead reliable, no crashes, freezing, weirdness/hangups, choppiness
4. Screen smaller than 4".. its a phone for god sakes not a tablet, not to mention I have small hands

The droid X was none of those, "turd brick" as I used to call it

I used from 2006-2010 one of these, and I would be in heaven if they made a smartphone in that size form factor,

Here is a comparison of phone sizes I just took:
cheap 7" coby tablet and samsung sch 740 on left and iphone 4S on right

Then my old samsung and the iphone:

It has great battery life and the phones just work right all the time. Something I cannot say about a android phone using the stock battery LOL.

It has great battery life and the phones just work right all the time. Something I cannot say about a android phone using the stock battery LOL.

Stock battery, 4G on the whole time. Tuesdays tend to be rough for my phone, I wake it up at 4am and it doesn't see a charger until 1-4 the next morning.

I could probably improve this by turning off 4G, or putting it in plane mode, but I'm lazy.

shot_000001.png

Granted, I only had ~3 hours of screen on.... but that was pretty close to 30 min of 4G streaming video, 2 hours of 4G web, and 30 min of gaming.

+1 I just got the the Exhibit II 4G 2 days ago and got it rooted, romed, unlocked and have slapped that thing around like a red headed stepchild. The real [H]ard user thinks we should be able to build our own phones.
I don't need any approval from a carrier or manufacturer, really. I want to modify, upgrade, overclock my equipment because it is my property. This started years ago when we found out we could change a few jumpers and increase the speed of our Pentium 90Mhz to 166Mhz. That is what the [H}ardocp is all about. Mobile is the next step and that leads into robotics, AI, Automous systems, etc.
Screw Apple. A want my fair use rights at a reasonable price

anyone else notice how the camera module is at an impossibly thin piece of the phone? Cameras are the thickest piece of any phone these days, no way it can be at the tapered edge of a curved design.

No joke, but that is the God's honest truth.

Myself and all guys near my age that are nerds and can't get a date with anyone of the opposite sex all own Android or Windows phones, not one of them own an iPhone anymore, well except for the few real dudes I know, that I lust after. But my young nephews and nieces in High School all own iPhone's, and the women I know, Milf's and old ladies pretty much all own iPhone's.

Wrap it up the iPhone is for teens, Milf's, Grandparents, and real men. Not the [H]omo user.

ftfy

Back