iPhone 4 - WiFi Issues?

stamsek

[H]F Junkie
It seems the phone is faster on my 3G then on my WiFi. On WiFi it hangs and especially more so when using the maps with hybrid on.

Anyone else having this issue?

I'm definitely having a similar issue, but I'm using an iPhone 3G with iOS4. I had to double check that I had WiFi enabled last night because it was so slow.

I've noticed that the 3G speed has increased a ton for me...but Wi-Fi, too. Are you using wireless N? I'm still on an old wireless G at home, but it's been quicker than usual.

However my older iPhone 3G has been dragging ass for both Wi-Fi and 3G.

I've noticed that the 3G speed has increased a ton for me...but Wi-Fi, too. Are you using wireless N? I'm still on an old wireless G at home, but it's been quicker than usual.

However my older iPhone 3G has been dragging ass for both Wi-Fi and 3G.

Yea, not repeating this here. Way faster than my 3G as well.

honestly, I think the iphones wifi just blows period.

I've owned every generation so far (except v4) and they've all kind of sucked on wifi. The only time I use it is when I'm not getting a 3G signal

I have a D-Link dir-655 N router with the wireless being available for modes b/g/n. Apparently the mixed mode confuses the iPhone 4. So I set it for g only and now the maps and other apps work flawlessly on my home network.

In mixed mode, some apps hang. Especially the map app.

My iPhone 4's 3G took a serious dive today, and I have no idea why. I went to AT&T and they put a new micro-sim in, didn't help at all. It's essentially unusable so I guess I need to get a new phone??? The WiFi is spectacular, however.

my wifi on my iphone 4 is much much much better then my old 3GS. Even 3G mode is Much faster on my iphone 4 then my old 3GS

My iPhone 4's 3G took a serious dive today, and I have no idea why. I went to AT&T and they put a new micro-sim in, didn't help at all. It's essentially unusable so I guess I need to get a new phone??? The WiFi is spectacular, however.

Its probably the way yuour holding it.. It needs a case. Touching the outside of the phone currently distorts the antena and causes it too loose signal .

WiFi has always worked great for me on all iterations of iPhones and iPod Touches. I use Linksys hardware with DD-WRT software.

I have the DIR-655 and after updating from firmware 1.32 to 1.34 it seems to have resolved the issue of the mixed mode and the iPhone 4. Will test more and get back!
Tom

I have seen some issues with my WiFi working slowly. It seemed to get better when I started using a case, and making sure that bluetooth was off. try installing a download speed testing app and compare WiFi to 3g.

http://blog.mjwired.com For more Info

Back