• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

IPhone 4 antenna issues...

bwp73

n00b
Joined
Jun 2, 2004
Messages
55
Don't worry, it's not a post about the obvious issues with the antenna. It's more along the lines of who do you think I might have a better chance of getting a replacement through....AT&T or the Apple Store.

I've had my 4 since about the end of September '10 and knew beforehand there were antenna issues. Some folks seem to have more problems than others and I seem to be one of them. My brother in law has had a 4 since release and doesn't have the same problems that I do. I've even done the whole "hold it this way and watch your bars drop" test on his and his phone didn't loose a single bar while mine has gone to searching.

I've just accepted the fact that it is what it is and have dealt with it, even have a Otter Box Commuter case on it but that seems to be just a band aid in some instances.

Now since starting my new job it has become an issue. The job requires me to be out in the field 99% of the time and with intermittent connectivity it's becoming an issue that I'd like to try to get resolved. I like the 4 and going to another provider isn't an option as long as my dad still works for AT&T and the entire family is on an employee family plan.

So in short, reception sucks on my 4.....complain to AT&T or Apple Store in hopes of trying to get a less sucky phone.

Thanks for any input.
 
AT&T stores won't even look at it, they're not allowed to. It used to be that once your 30 days were up, you had to go to the Apple store for any issues. Now, it's once you leave the store on day 1. Apple's rules, not AT&T's.
 
Thanks folks, getting ready to go there now.

Only real sucky part about this whole thing is setting the phone back to factory which bumped the iOS to 4.3. Anyone got the latest eta on a 4.3 jailbreak. :D
 
Get a better case?

I tried the vapor case brand & the antenna issue persisted.
Put my free from apple clear plexi belkin case & no issues present.
 
Back
Top