iPhone 3G Anyone?

MoBsTa

Limp Gawd
Well who is going to grab an iPhone 3G? I love my iPhone and i cannot wait until July 11th. I use my iPhone a lot and the new enterprise features are really exciting. just wondering if any one else is anxious to get it.

I won't be allowed to be excited until Dec. that's when my verizon contract is up. I'm hoping during that time the phone might drop more in price and if there are any major issues, they will be worked out.

I won't be allowed to be excited until Dec. that's when my verizon contract is up. I'm hoping during that time the phone might drop more in price and if there are any major issues, they will be worked out.

Unforunately, the iPhone 3G will not drop in price, for the price was supposed to be 400.00 and they were gonna drop the price to 200.00 in October. Instead they thought that they would get more sales by releasing it with a dropped sale price.

$200.00 is nothing for a phone now anyways...

Unforunately, the iPhone 3G will not drop in price, for the price was supposed to be 400.00 and they were gonna drop the price to 200.00 in October. Instead they thought that they would get more sales by releasing it with a dropped sale price.

$200.00 is nothing for a phone now anyways...

oh I completely agree.. but there is nothing wrong with the thought that I could possibly save more money right?

I want an iPhone but just can't justify it when work pays for my blackberry

Maybe I'll get one for the wife so I can play with it

I also am eager for the release, i currently have a samsung blackjack and have hated it for the nearly 2 years i have had it.

i will be getting one in novemberish, and it will be my first smart phone. i have been wanting one since the original released, too bad i was stuck with sprint

To those who are getting the iPhone:

You will be satisfied. I LOVE my iPhone. I use it all the time and its just a fun gadget to have.

i will be getting one on July 11th, i have the iPhone now but 3G and GPS is a must,

i am really fascinating by all of the location based social networks that are going to be released and all of the other applications.

i have an iphone. I love it. I dont know if i am gonna get the phoen yet because 3G has no use to me since i only use wifi. However, GPS would be a great addition.

Unfortunately I have a while left on my sprint contract, and Sprint doesn't work at all in my new apt complex. I am really looking forward to the purported iphone/itouch itunes remote control app. That would be sweet.

wait when are they releasing? I have waited and waited, I always used the crappy free phones they give you lol, had a Motorola Rizr and it sucks so much a**.

Honestly, I'm not that interested in the iPhone. I just switched back to AT&T and could have got one... but it just doesn't impress me. There is NOTHING it can do that any other smartphone can do - and there ARE things that my smartphone can do that the iPhone CANT.

Not to mention Android will run on my smartphone. Yes people at xda have actually got android to place calls on the kaiser (AT&T Tilt).

The iPhone is pretty slick, but I'd rather have something a little more useable. not to mention have actual buttons - touchscreens are nice, but when you're writing an email a keyboard is a godsend.

Note: I'm not anti-apple at all. I own a 5th gen iPod and an Intel MacBook... both are FANTASTIC.

if the iPhone had a tactile keyboard, id consider it. Im not that hot for touch screen keypads, theyre quit hard to work on.

I think the iPhone did well on the virtual keyboard. The touchscreen is like no other. I do agree that the touch keyboard is a little tricky to use but it is still a fascinating feature that I got used to.

I want an iPhone but just can't justify it when work pays for my blackberry

Maybe I'll get one for the wife so I can play with it

That's what I did with my fiancee. :D

I bought her an iPhone a while back for our anniversary (she got me an Xbox 360 (!!))...I'm stuck with Sprint until Jan. '09, but at least I get to play with gadgets. :p

EDIT: Anyone here gonna do a writeup on the GPS performance? That's the feature I'm most interested in.

I have been thinking about it,

but not sure I want to byte the bullet and get one,

sam

Second week of July, they are part of our corporate plan. It will be mine, and good riddance to the Windows based smart phone I'm using today.

I really love my current iPhone but am still debating on making the plunge to upgrade, especially with purchasing a new computer soon.

If I didn't have my old iPhone I would definitely jump on this come July!!

I'll get it for sure. The original iPhone isnt even out in Canada yet..

If it were offered where I live I'd have probably bought one, or at least seriously considered it. Since Verizon is the best provider here I went with the Dare instead. It will be in all stores by July 3rd but I picked it up online early, pretty exited to try it...Fed-Ex just arrived and its getting its first full charge now :D

gosh i want one but i still have a while left on my verizon contract

You do have 2 comparative options for Verizon.
The LG Dare and the Blackberry Thunder. Be on the lookout for those two if you can't get an iPhone 3G.

The pricing for this phone is just amazingly confusing.
www.att.com/iphone

I just wanna add it to my plan with all regular phones like i could for 20 bucks with the old one. Now ive got no clue if i can even do that.

Oh yeah, I'll be getting one. I've been waiting for this 3G model since the original iPhone was released. I've had so many WM smartphones and they all pretty much suck in the UI dept. but I need push email. I had the pleasure of using a friends iPhone and it was like a breath of fresh air....it just works.

It's quite exciting to think of all the apps that are also being developed.

Small question: With iTunes you can subscribe to podcasts so that they autodownload every day, and then sync them with your iPod/Phone. Is it possible to autodownload to your iPhone? So that if you're on the road or something and a new podcast is released, it downloads to your phone without having to sync with your computer.

Back