iPhone 3G and Sony AIR-SA17Ti

jslater25

Limp Gawd
I recently received the Sony AIR-SA17Ti Wireless Music Dock (along with two wireless speakers from Sony... I forget their specific models, but it was a complete package deal). According to the documentation, this device should be compatible with my iPhone 3G.

When I dock the phone, and select to listen to my iPod (there are only two choices: iPod and Tuner) on the Dock, I'm able to listen to music. I do get an error message on the iPhone: This device is not optimized for this iphone... My understanding of this error is that it's pretty standard for most everything.

The problem I have is when trying to change tracks, I'm unable to use the remotes. I'm forced to go into the room with the iPhone and press Forward or Back on the phone itself.

Any suggestions about how to fix it so the remotes work?

I'll have to check the packaging for the badge, however according to the Sony site, the iPhone 3G is listed in the compatible device list:
List of compatible iPod and iPhone models: iPod touch 2nd generation, iPhone 3G, iPod nano 3rd gen. (video), iPhone, iPod 5 gen., iPod 4th gen. (color display), iPod nano 4th gen. (video), iPod touch 1st gen., iPod classic, iPod nano 2nd gen. (aluminum), iPod nano 1st. gen., iPod 4th gen. and iPod mini.

And my phone's firmware is as up-to-date as possible, to my knowledge (no available updates on iTunes...).

I've submitted a ticket with Sony hoping to hear from them regarding this issue. I'll update this thread once I've heard from them.

Worked for me when I had it, no suggestions for you.

3.1.3, JBed.

Back