iPhone 14

Mad Maxx

Supreme [H]ardness
Yeah, it's about a year away, but ain't no harm in starting the speculation...

For iPhone's especially, rumors are BS ! So many times the next iPhone was supposed to be this or that, and then it comes out, and basically the same as before.

iOS 16 needs to add;

- AoD ( Always on Display )
- Some type of theming customization
- Allow default apps to be set by user

iPhone 14 needs to ditch the notch for good.
Keep the same amazing battery life as the 13 Pro line, but make the new phones lighter in weight.
Never go curved edge display like Samsung Galaxy's or Google 6 Pro.

iOS 16 needs to add;

- AoD ( Always on Display )
- Some type of theming customization
- Allow default apps to be set by user

iPhone 14 needs to ditch the notch for good.
Keep the same amazing battery life as the 13 Pro line, but make the new phones lighter in weight.
Never go curved edge display like Samsung Galaxy's or Google 6 Pro.
Always-on display is a maybe, and might depend on newer hardware since the iPhone 13 Pro's LTPO display 'only' drops to 10Hz. Ideally you'd have Apple Watch-style 1Hz updating that made AoD virtually penalty-free. Mind you, I'm sure it depends on the implementation.

You can already set a few app defaults (browser and email, IIRC), but I do suspect more default options are coming. Theming... I'm not counting on that, although Apple could theoretically find a way to bundle icon themes using Shortcuts. I suspect Apple may treat theming like it does Apple Watch faces — that is, it might prefer to offer its own themes to both preserve its 'preferred' experience and prevent copyright headaches from people submitting ripoff themes through official portals.

It sounds like you'll get your wishes for a notch-free iPhone 14 with a flat display. Weight I'm not so sure about, since it might be thicker.

The most important app that we need to be able to change the default is Maps. Changing the browser is BS because every iOS browser is just a skin on safari to begin with. And Apple isn’t losing anything from allowing people to change default mail apps. So the current state of being able to set default apps on Apple is total bullshit. On a positive note, Apple Maps is now decent enough to leave as the default app unlike when it was first released, but Google Maps and Wave are just better. Give people the choice, Apple. And also allow different browser engines.

I would also like a default cloud backup save location. That office 365 I’m paying for give me 1TB of cloud storage per user. If only I could use that OneDrive as my default backup location. Though the same could be said about Google on this, which I am paying for because my Google is out of space.

Will the iPhone 14 finally ditch the notch? Will it go the Android route of hole punch instead? Or under the display camera and no cutout whatsoever?

My question is the iPhone 13 notch. Why did Apple change it so minimally? Like the vast majority 95% of iPhone buyers probably can't even notice a difference in the 13's notch compared to the previous phones. You don't see more info on the screen with the 13's revised notch, sane status bar as before.

Why did Apple spend the R&D time and money on redoing the notch by 20% or so? Just confusing to me. They could've kept it the same and then wow'd us with a fresh new design in the iPhone 14.

Will the iPhone 14 finally ditch the notch? Will it go the Android route of hole punch instead? Or under the display camera and no cutout whatsoever?

My question is the iPhone 13 notch. Why did Apple change it so minimally? Like the vast majority 95% of iPhone buyers probably can't even notice a difference in the 13's notch compared to the previous phones. You don't see more info on the screen with the 13's revised notch, sane status bar as before.

Why did Apple spend the R&D time and money on redoing the notch by 20% or so? Just confusing to me. They could've kept it the same and then wow'd us with a fresh new design in the iPhone 14.
Perhaps the hw is just smaller, it's like either use the smaller hw or pay extra to use the older bigger one? Or it's too give it more room for something else. My iPhone 13 pro is definitely heavier than my iPhone 12 Pro. But it is lighter and not overbearing like the pixel 6 pro, which didn't even have good battery life despite being heavier with bigger battery.

Back