IPCop Wont See My Cards

Carlosinfl

Loves the juice
I just purchased 3 Linksys 10/100/1000 PCI cards from Newegg and I threw them into my IPCop and it can't find them. Anyone know if there are any options? Does Smoothwall 3.0 have better hardware detection?

Where do I find lspci? Is this a command I run from the terminal or is this in the setup mode?

do they have realtek chipsets? i got the rosewill w/realtek, they detect fine

Yes - Linksys EG1032 is card model # & when I look at the chipset, I see the realtek crap logo on the chip.

lspci is a standard Linux command (ran from the command prompt) which will list all devices currently connected to the PCI bus. You can then determine which driver to use.

Examples:

fint@RTEX-NM-003:~$ lspci | grep Ether
00:11.0 Ethernet controller: 3Com Corporation 3c905 100BaseTX [Boomerang]
02:0a.0 Ethernet controller: 3Com Corporation 3c985 1000BaseSX (SX/TX) (rev 01)

fint@postal:~$ lspci | grep Ether
01:03.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+ (rev 10)

I had trouble using three of the same cards in my IPCop. If they share a driver, you need to setup seperate parameters in the driver line. I could not figure it out so I used three different cards. You need to specify which interface is in which PCI slot, I beleive. But IPCop should be able to reconize atleast one if the driver support is in the kernal.

I just tried Smoothwall Express 3 and it detected them no problem so I think I am good.

I would first off recommend looking at the chips on the nics so that we know what we are working with. Then if the autoprobe in IPCOP does not work go and manually choose the driver for the cards based on the chip that is in them.

Back