iPaq HX4705 Thoughts

It's definately one nice pda, but you can easily pick up an Axim x50v for half that price either new if you wait for a good Dell deal or buy used (as in someone got in on a previous Dell deal, and 15 minutes later realized they didn't need a/another pda).

ikellensbro said:
It's definately one nice pda, but you can easily pick up an Axim x50v for half that price either new if you wait for a good Dell deal or buy used (as in someone got in on a previous Dell deal, and 15 minutes later realized they didn't need a/another pda).

In that case, I'd say go for the x51v, which is basically an x50v but with Windows Mobile 5.0, which just came out. Oh, and it has more ROM because the memory system is used differently in WM5 - more like on a PC - install programs in ROM, and RAM is used as.. RAM. Otherwise right now RAM is used both for program storage and for runtime.. Back on topic, the hx4705 is one damn good pda. For some reason I trust HP quality more than Dell, but I havent heard bad things about Dells either. My several-year-old iPaq has taken quite a beating and it still works fine :p

yeah, i would say go with the new x51v as it does have more memory and will a have a gps program available. the only thing you lose is the touchpad but damn, that thing is expensive.

but you can't beat hp's iPAQ quality. i still use my 4150 from almost 3 years ago. no repairs, no problems, still runs fine. :)

Back