iPad remote management

McG2k1

Limp Gawd
are there any apps that will let me control / admin an ipad from another ipad, touch, or iphone? I'm planning on picking up an ipad 2 for the kids and I'd like to be able to turn on the camera remotely.

Obviously the ipad 2 with a camera isn't out so no one offers this as a feature, but i can't find anything that even lets you control what's currently available.

I doubt it'd be anything available for a non-jailbroken iPad, honestly. Think about the implications of remote management for a second:
You'd need elevated privileges on the system, accessed remotely. This is something Apple tries to prevent against - since someone with malicious intent could do a reasonable amount of harm.

Jailbroken - you could probably use SSH and a shell script of some sort to disable the camera, there are a ton of things you can do once you have shell access.

oh yeah I get it. there's a lot of nefarious things you could do on it lol. Might be a little biz there for someone who wants to make a go at it.

There isn't anything like that. You can set up the iPad using Apple's enterprise manager and lock it down pretty tight for them.

Back