Ipad remote connection

6string

n00b
We have a few ipads deployed for sales reps. Any ideas on how I.T. support could connect to an ipad remotely.

I know Logmein has an app to allow you to connect from your ipad to your work or home PC, but I wonder if my work PC can connect to the ipad?

I know Logmein has an app to allow you to connect from your ipad to your work or home PC, but I wonder if my work PC can connect to the ipad?

I have the LogMeIn app and my iPad never showed up as an available device on the website (don't have it now to confirm this as I've since sold it and am awaiting the new one).

LogMein Rescue maybe? You can definitely support other mobile devices, but sounds like maybe iOS device support is more limited. Might be worth taking a quick look at the free trial.

There's several enterprise solutions for remotely deploying apps, settings and content on the fly to iOS devices. What goals are you trying to accomplish by connecting remotely?

CEpeep - I want to remotely support an ipad user. Log in to there ipad, change settings, show the user how to connect to systems, show them how to connect to our VPN, see the errors they are seeing while connecting, see the errors they say they are getting but never happen for me, that sort of thing,......etc.

Mr. Miyagi - I have not, but will do so. Thanks!

CEpeep - I want to remotely support an ipad user. Log in to there ipad, change settings, show the user how to connect to systems, show them how to connect to our VPN, see the errors they are seeing while connecting, see the errors they say they are getting but never happen for me, that sort of thing,......etc.

Got it. AFAIK, MaxBurn's suggestion of VNC on a jailbroken iOS device is the only way to remotely interact with the device in the same way that a user can. I'm unaware of any commercial product that has the same functionality, but maybe someone else will chime in with a suggestion.

Back