iPad keyboard autocomplete ads?

Discussion in 'Apple Products' started by gsilver, Dec 7, 2017 at 7:28 PM.

1. gsilver

gsilver Gawd

So, I have an iPad, and sometimes, I see words in the suggested words above the keyboard that are obviously ads. For example, today, I saw it put a bunch of Star Wars terms there when I was clicking on a blank text box (and, no, I don’t post about star wars stuff normally, so it had no reason to think that I’d be posting with terms as specific as individual characters) A while ago, I saw a bunch of Xbox related terms.

I’m using iOS 11, and saw this using Safari. Is there any way to turn this off?

2. Archer1212

Archer1212 SomecallmeTim's Bitch

Are you using any third party keyboards? Because that is the only thing I can think of doing that

3. Prisicilla

Prisicilla n00bie

That's really weird. Have you installed some malicious App?

4. Ocellaris

Ocellaris Ginger @le, an alcoholic's best friend.

It’s not ads, it’s suggested web searches based on the page you were looking at. Tapping the links just goes to Google.

5. gsilver

gsilver Gawd

It's not web searches, it's "suggested words" when typing in a text box, and I had it show up again today on this very website while writing a post (this time, a bunch of console names)
    No 3rd party keyboards.

Don't know how to search for malicious apps, though I barely run anything that isn't stock.