iPad Components Cost $259

No it's not. I just got back from the mall and an unlocked 3GS us STILL $1,097.00. This iPad's waaay cheaper than an iphone.

Still overpriced tho.

BTW, i haven't checked, but if the manufacturing cost of the 3GS is anything like this, then we've been paying well over $600 for the apple logo.

When i said for more $$$$$, I meant more $$$$ above the standard ipad of $499. For more $$$$ above that, you get an iPad with 3g.
 
would it be safe to assume how much goes into putting the damn thing together?

If we can, then the rest is irrelevant. Those apple stores selling it and its electricity bills, workers to be paid and such are all split on each item they sell, not each ipad so assuming that cost into the ipad is like splitting a $10 bill with 5 people. Same goes for any other way the item is sold. What about advertisement? They are advertising APPLE BRAND. Not just the ipad. Again the cost gets split if you chose to count it. Remember advertising is going to be done regardless and in the end, it generates more than ipad sales but ipod, iphone and mac (laptop/desktop) sales. How many people who are devout ipad fans go in to buy an ipad and bounce? Thats what they are there for, but they certainly leave with more even if its just accessories which has the highest profit margin of anything on this earth....IMO

Get that cost, you get the "about" of how much profit is made.
 
would it be safe to assume how much goes into putting the damn thing together?

If we had that number, we'd likely have the others; assuming that we somehow only know the costs DIRECTLY attributable to the device, and none of the "cost of doing business" built-ins like advertising, retail staff, etc.? Yes, that would make the guessing reasonable, instead of bitter ADS-induced flailing.

But we don't know yet. Moreover, it isn't in any way important to the way rational people make purchasing decisions. The profit margin a company makes has no bearing on whether or not the price is palatable to me, given my need or desire for the product.
 
I know it's a bit random, but still kind of related. I read that Israel is banning iPads in its country. They're being confiscated at their airports. :eek:
 
I know it's a bit random, but still kind of related. I read that Israel is banning iPads in its country. They're being confiscated at their airports. :eek:

any sauce for this? i'm very interested in this if it proves to be true :confused:
 
Oops, thanks Beowulf for the article. And since I use noscript, dispoed, your shitlink failed. gg
 
I'd pay money to see Steve Jobs try to take his iPad to Israel only to have it confiscated. :D
 
Back
Top