iPad apps you like

GhostDog

Limp Gawd
This is a place to discuss iPad apps. This is not a place to discuss other slates/tablets or why you like/don't competing hardware. There are at least two active topics that have turned to that.

A few that I like are We Rule. So far, it seems like Farmville for iPad/iPhone but with way more to do.

Media Link Player Lite is also free. It's a upnp media server client. I'm using it to view photos and stream songs/videos directly from my NAS.

Epicurious is cool. Free on iPad/iPhone. It's a recipe book that builds your shopping list. It is missing two features that would make it indispensable IMHO - first, you should be able to transfer the list to your iPhone and second it needs to suggest recipes based on your shopping list.

Smiles HD is fun and will be a nice waste of time. It's $4.99 but I got it free the other day. Had I paid that much I'm not sure how I'd feel about it.

Will add more later.

Last edited:
So far I have:
Pandora I use this on my iPhone all the time and love it on the iPad.
Sam and Max: Chapter 1 Have not dug into it yet but so far it looks great and it IS Sam and Max.
Minigore HD looks great, the controls are intuitive and its fun.
I also have iBooks and a Shacknews app.

Godfinger is proving to be pretty fun. I hope they make an iPhone version. I feel like there was an even more fun game to start with here, before the social network game time contrivances were added. For free tho, it's still fun.

Adobe idea pad is pretty fun for on the go creativity.

Has. Anyone had any experience with RDP or VNC apps? Id like to work on some SQL management stuff remotely but idk if the $15 apps are gonna be worth it.

Links in with the logmein servIce which I use on all of my family's computers, my computers, and friends computers. Haven't seen tap though.

The nice thing about LogMeIn is that it takes care of firewall issues as well as any IP issues. This is good for setting up remote access to computers on networks you have little control over and can make it easier for those that you do. My only complaint is that they don't really have a Linux client, which would be nice if they hooked onto the locally logged in desktop. I've had super pain in the butt issues with getting Ubuntu to share screens over the last year which is really dissappointing.

Love LogMeIn Ignition and I'm setting up a system SOLELY to be a remote for my iPad. After that, I use iSSH for ssh and vnc. REALLY Handy and only another $8 (and another universal App for those with iPod Touches and iPhones).

I dont really like Adobe's IdeaPad. The interface is lacking and there aren't many options for drawing with it. It's free though.

If you value your time, don't get Plants vs. Zombies... Damn game just ate half my day.

With the Kindle app, my iPad has now replaced my first gen Kindle. Implode, Mirror's Edge and Flight Control HD are fun games. SugarSync and GoodReader are useful apps as well.

Plants VS Zombies
Netflix
iVerse
Labryrinth 2
ABC Player
Desktop Connect
Solitaire
Comic Reader Mobi
Holy Bible
Tap Tap Radiation
Marvel
GoodReader
ScribbleLive
Evernote
Draw it
Tubulous HD
NOVA
Need for Speed Shift
Super Monkey Ball 2
FTP On The Go Pro

I've recently added Sketchbook (Autodesk's app) to my iPad as well as Plants vs Zombies.

I can't stop drawing. The app is WELL worth playing with and I think in time, given practice, people will be able to turn out quality sketches and using the platform.

PvZ is fun and this is the first time I've played it for any platform. I can't stop playing it, but I do have to say there are much better tower defense games out there (at least for the iPhone there are, and I've even started to replay GeoDefense on the large screen using the doubling). PvZ has been ridiculously easy for me so far and very basic. It's very polished though and I don't feel like it was a waste by any means.

I could never get in to Dungeon Hunter on my 3GS because of my phone usage habits. On the iPad it's wonderful, really glad I bought it.

I could never get in to Dungeon Hunter on my 3GS because of my phone usage habits. On the iPad it's wonderful, really glad I bought it.

Dungeon Hunter HD is a total ripoff, it looks like they just blew up the iphone version and called it a day. The controls are also pretty awkward due to the size difference between iphone and ipad.

I used touch controls on both platforms. The virtual stick doesn't affect me. It's definitely not just a blown up version. Sure they could have done more. I'm more than pleased for my $7

Air Video has been updated as an universal app. It's amazing.

Air Video is great, and the developers announced that music streaming is coming to it soon. Why this wasn't built into the iPad to begin with is kind of beyond me, but at least someone is doing it!

Air Video is great, and the developers announced that music streaming is coming to it soon. Why this wasn't built into the iPad to begin with is kind of beyond me, but at least someone is doing it!

I have a upnp router but Air Video doesn't automatically remap the port. Any idea what the port number is?

Back