ipad air 16gb wifi only $400 (after $100 off)

3. All posts should include the item and price in the title/subject line and a link to the item in the body of the thread.

C'mon, $100 off means fuckall. Post the actual price in the title.

I got my wife the 16GB iPad4 when it first came out.

Really wish I would have gotten the 32GB or 64GB one. After having it a while, I had to start deleting apps every time there was an update because there was not enough space.

The 16GB iPad simply does not have enough space.

Really wish I would have gotten the 32GB or 64GB one. After having it a while, I had to start deleting apps every time there was an update because there was not enough space.

Truth. I bough the 16GB iPad 4 for my mother-in-law for her 50th... she's one of those idiots who thinks snapping pictures of important events with shitty sensors and blocking everyone else much better cameras with her massive 10 inch screen is cool.../endrant

But yeah, a couple months of photosnapping later, she can't update to iOS 7 because she refuses to copy her pictures to her computer for backup and she has too little space. Next time, its 32gb or nothing. I have a mini that I use specifically for plex streaming, little kid apps and a recipe buddy in the kitchen - 16gb is great for that. Anything else needs the larger storage.

I actually just sold my iPad 4th gen 16gb as well. The space but also the advantages of the Android environment in customizability these days simply blows IOS out of the water, and I think they know it.

Hence the price drops lately. I was going to wait for the Nexus 8 for example, but picked up a Nexus 7 4G LTE 32GB for $220 shipped, and honestly it can do so much more than my iPad. Apple just can't hope to continue their current pricing against that.

I agree, 32GB is the sweet spot. Wonder how many more years 16GB will be the standard.

even on an iphone 16gb is too little... my wife's iphone is constantly full even with using flickr, dropbox and or onedrive to autobackup photos :(

I wish they'd run a sale on the Mini with Retina display. I love my Mini but I wish it had the speed of my iPad Air. I had a Nexus 7 briefly and sold it; I thought the Mini was far superior for my use case scenario.

I agree, 32GB is the sweet spot. Wonder how many more years 16GB will be the standard.

I was honestly shocked when they released the current-gen ipads and 16gb was still the standard. I don't think there's any way they can get away with it for the next gen.

Trying to decide between this and a 10.5 tab S. Are iPad apps still a lot better than Android tablet apps?

I was honestly shocked when they released the current-gen ipads and 16gb was still the standard. I don't think there's any way they can get away with it for the next gen.

There is way too much profit in the huge market for nand that these phone companies largely led by apples example get. This will not stop as long as people willingly shell out $100 extra for a measly 16 GB of nand that is worth maybe $8. I also find it interesting that people complain about this given all the claims of how efficient apple is and how only android devices need expandable storage. We should have been at 32GB standard 2 years ago for all devices unfortunately we only have 2 main competitors. Samsung that can get away with it because of expandable storage and apple who can get away with it because well apple, maybe LG or one of the up and coming Chinese companies will break into the market by using storage as a selling point. Hopefully the push for cheaper mobile that is exploding and all the phone companies are complaining about will drive them to offer higher capacity to convince people to buy the high end devices.

Trying to decide between this and a 10.5 tab S. Are iPad apps still a lot better than Android tablet apps?

No, a lot better no way. Some might argue a little better. But that's about it, on top of them being more expensive on average.

And I will even throw this out there since this is the hardforum where Apple is the devil.

One simple way Samsung (or anyone) can one up Apple is to release their devices with 32GB minimum. Just saying.

As for me, happy with my iPhone 5 and iPad Air but they both have 16GB and just barely is enough. Wish I had paid the extra $100 even though I think it is an egregious upsell.

Back