IP35 Pro @ 400 MHz FSB

zaxour

[H]ard|Gawd
Here's the deal: I'm trying to get the board to be stable at 400 MHz FSB (8x400=3200). I can get the board to boot and it passes the Prime95 stress test just fine. However, everytime I bring the computer out of standby, it eventually freezes, or sometimes nothing comes up on the screen. CPU voltage is at 1.375 V and MCH is at 1.41 V. I've tried upping VTT and ICHIO/ICH voltages but those did nothing. I have no issues when I reset the multiplier to 9, but the FSB at 356 or 367. Again, these are stable and I am able to bring the machine out of standby without issue. Any ideas?

Edit: Speedstep/C1E are turned off.

Vista has problems with standby working properly, and Windows 7 is based on the same kernel. That is most likely the problem, not the overclock.

But how do you explain it working 100% of the time when my FSB is under 400? I wonder if the power phases on this board can't handle a quad or something. I'm sure someone has gotten a q6600 at/past 400 fsb here.

I have the same board, and proc.

I have mine at an easy 3.2 (400x8) and when I go into standby I can come out of it normally. The only thing I can think of are our motherboards god awful vdroop problem.

Your voltages are the same as mine other than the vcore, I have mine at 1.46 because at 100% load it drops to 1.3....

It's well documented over at xtremesystems, though I'm not sure if your particular problem is well known or not.

Try +2% DDR2 REF ...worked for me to get to 400x9...however I'm on XP and have no such Standby issues...if it primes good and everything else runs fine @400x8 maybe it is the OS thats at fault...stranger things have happened

I'm stable at 3.6 but I hate the fact that cpu temp gets stuck sometimes causing my fans to not turn on ingame. Have to check uguru every time I boot. Will probably just upgrade to core i7 just because of this reason.

Well, I've tried everything....higher vtt, MCH, ICH, ICHIO, GTLREF and when I have the fsb @ 400 MHz and multi @ 8; the system always locks up or does a reboot some amount of time after I bring it out of standby, but does not do it when I have the multiplier at 9 and the FSB at 356.

I downloaded the beta bios 18, but I don't know if it's worth flashing. I've used updated BIOS in the past, but when I need to go into the bios again, the board doesn't let me in unless I clear the CMOS. Thus, I've always stuck with bios 14.

I thought this board was supposed to be a 400+ fsb board :(

Try going past 400 to 425......
lower the multi and see what that does.

My sons IP-35 is running @425 without problem....

Well, I've tried everything....higher vtt, MCH, ICH, ICHIO, GTLREF and when I have the fsb @ 400 MHz and multi @ 8; the system always locks up or does a reboot some amount of time after I bring it out of standby, but does not do it when I have the multiplier at 9 and the FSB at 356.

I downloaded the beta bios 18, but I don't know if it's worth flashing. I've used updated BIOS in the past, but when I need to go into the bios again, the board doesn't let me in unless I clear the CMOS. Thus, I've always stuck with bios 14.

Be warned: if you flash to beta bios 18 you won't be able to get into bios with a usb keyboard. Only PS2 works.

Be warned: if you flash to beta bios 18 you won't be able to get into bios with a usb keyboard. Only PS2 works.

Maybe that's why I couldn't get into Bios 16 or 17. Well, I could get in the first time to set the parameters, but after that no matter how many time I jammed on the del key, it would just skip right past and boot to windows.

Got a link to that beta b18 bios?

Back