IP Management software

OceaNz

n00b
Hey Guys,
I was wondering if anyone could recommend me a software that will help keep IPs organized with info such as VLANs, IP, Cable label, port number, and device it is connected to any suggestions will be much appreciated thanks!

Solarwinds has some good products for that kind of stuff.

some are free, some are not.

yeah my excel sheet hasnt failed me yet. Idk how big your network is but you can add a few tabs :)

Yeah I am currently using Excel was just wondering if there was something better out there. Sometimes with Excel it gets annoying always having to search for duplicates or anomalies because at my job multiple people input data into it and I just want to make sure they are not adding duplicates or mistakes. Thanks for the input though I will look into SolarWinds.

would anyone like to post a template of their proven excel sheet? I'm sure the community would like it...

We check our excel sheet into sharepoint for version control, although SVN would work as well. sharepoint is nice because it locks the file while it's being edited.

Thanks for the link to the SolarWinds IP tracker that looks pretty cool gonna have to try it out.

yeah i dont do this =p

DHCP on the server tells me all, usuaully make reservations for printers and such, and commong IP scheme for devices.

But probably smaller size offices in my case.

Back