IP KVM's

Masejoer

Gawd
There's very few topics on this subject here, so I'm wondering who has used IP-based KVM's, which one(s), and how do you like it/them? 8 ports is ideal since 16 servers are unlikely anytime soon and the added cost is hard to justify. Notably, anyone have experience with the Freedom9 Freeview IP800 or Raritan MCIP18?

Not quite in the price range you're looking for, but we've got a Raritan Dominion KX 232 (2 IP channels, 32 servers)... Any of the Raritan gear I've ever used (got about a dozen other non-IP enabled KVMs of various sizes) has been top notch... Never had a problem with Raritan gear... The Raritan gear has been a bit more pricey than the competitors, but never having a problem with one has been worth the extra up-front money.

I just realized via manual that these are the same units, one of the manufacturers ripped off the other or something. The manuals are 1 page count different and there's a couple differences in menus, but everything else is the same, interface and all. Very odd.

Either way, we're going to pick up the Raritan unit through Dell.

i use (not me, my company) Advocent DSView ip kvms. they are a litte slow but they work great for all of our servers except our AS400's but we got the IBM emulator

Back