IP based home security systems

alienb

Gawd
Anyone aware of any residential-quality IP based home security systems? You know, with the door alarms, window alarms and pin pads? We have a solution for cameras already, we're just now looking for some internet-based systems that would provide private notification of a break-in or such. All the systems I can find require a phone line and just autodial a number.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

It's not IP based, but I have Protection One and they don't require a land line. It operates via radio. For what it's worth.

Check out Mfi, might be what you are looking for. I've never used it myself, but it looks cool.

I use a Honeywell Vista 20P and am getting a AD2USB adapter to connect to the home automation server. I'm trying to get everything IP (god help me if there is a huge disaster that brings down the power and internet!). Sprinkler system, heating & cooling, alarm, security cameras. I have things installed with no monitoring company, only myself (via email). Did the entire install myself, and it works amazingly well. My AD2USB unit will be here shortly, so I'll let you know how that goes.

As far as an all in one, easy setup, I'm not sure. But, I do know that you can modify a few of the existing models to USB and/or ethernet. I guess once you hit USB, you can run a server on a machine (spare, or existing) and connect to it that way.

Thanks for the responses. Mfi isn't quite what we're looking for price wise but their features are great.

If your internet lines are physically accessible outside (ex: overhead vs underground) you may want to consider GSM based.

The security system that using the GSM technology is best for the security of home and business.Because most of the time when you use the internet their may be a chance that you security system my hack by any person that connect with that network.

necrobump much? you realize the thread is almost a *YEAR* old.

ELK M1 / M1 Gold is definitely worth considering. WIth the ethernet expander, you can setup text/email alerts.

Back