• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

iOS 9 Public Beta

Hoping when this comes out it improves the crappy performance of IOS 8 on older devices.
 
This.seems faster. and I've notice the apple music app has changed some too. like when you add an song to playlist it checks it off. instead of wondering if you added a song.

Some core underlying performance improvements include the third party keyboard API, as well as issues with media playback (both music and video) - this leads to an overall feeling that things are faster.
 
If 9.0 didn't fix it, I wouldn't expect 9.1 to. 9.0 was supposed to be the release to help slow devices.

I am not messing around with Betas, especially given that Apple wont let you go too far back OS wise if you aren't happy. When the *final* release goes to public and people who actually test it confirm its not another step backwards ill upgrade.

IOS 8 made my ipad2 useless and my primary cell phone (iphone 4s) is still running IOS 7 because of that fact.
 
Last edited:
I am not messing around with Betas, especially given that Apple wont let you go too far back OS wise if you aren't happy. When the *final* release goes to public and people who actually test it confirm its not another step backwards ill upgrade.

IOS 8 made my ipad2 useless and my primary cell phone (iphone 4s) is still running IOS 7 because of that fact.

I can't wait to get the GM release tomorrow. I'm getting really annoyed with he message to upgrade to 9.1 every time I unlock my phone.
 
I can't wait to get the GM release tomorrow. I'm getting really annoyed with he message to upgrade to 9.1 every time I unlock my phone.

GM is already out for developer.

A lot of bugs were fixed, but still some remain. The performance is still worse than iOS 8, which I am not surprised. But the problem is that even iPhone 6 is having slow app launch and some other slow response issues, that really make me concern about what they are doing.

I cannot find the same fluid and smoothness on iOS 9 than iOS 8.... :(
 
GM is already out for developer.

A lot of bugs were fixed, but still some remain. The performance is still worse than iOS 8, which I am not surprised. But the problem is that even iPhone 6 is having slow app launch and some other slow response issues, that really make me concern about what they are doing.

I cannot find the same fluid and smoothness on iOS 9 than iOS 8.... :(

Have you tried 9.1? It seems to be better from what I've seen so far, but then again I haven't used it as much as 9.
 
GM is already out for developer.

A lot of bugs were fixed, but still some remain. The performance is still worse than iOS 8, which I am not surprised. But the problem is that even iPhone 6 is having slow app launch and some other slow response issues, that really make me concern about what they are doing.

I cannot find the same fluid and smoothness on iOS 9 than iOS 8.... :(

I didn't really noticed a difference in performance between iOS 8.4 and the latest Public Beta. With Public Beta 1 & 2, there was noticeable lag; especially on my iPad Mini 3. But everything returned to normal when the last one came out.

My overall experience with iOS 9 on my iPhone 6 was pretty underwhelming. There hasn't been any must-have features for me. Little bit of a different story on the iPad, I'm using the app slide-ins quite a bit.
 
Have you tried 9.1? It seems to be better from what I've seen so far, but then again I haven't used it as much as 9.

I have all 3, 8.4.1 / 9.1 / 9.0 as test device on my table right now.

9.0 is smoother than 9.1 in my experience. 8.4.1 is just unbeatable with almost no UI stutter.

I was paying attention to the CPU usage on the iOS device, with iOS 8, the CPU usage on complete idle is about 5-10%, but on iOS 9, it spike from 10-25% constantly or more. I assume that there is some background service that is triggering the problem.
 
Does anyone know if it's possible to downgrade from the 9.1 Beta to 9.0 GM and restore an iCloud backup from 9.1 to 9.0?
 
Does anyone know if it's possible to downgrade from the 9.1 Beta to 9.0 GM and restore an iCloud backup from 9.1 to 9.0?

In case anyone else is in the same situation as me, this does not work. Did a DFU reinstall of 9.0 just to have to reupgrade to 9.1. Looks like I'll just have to keep running 9.1 until the GM comes out.
 
Back
Top